iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New upper burner E2300

Started by richsei, March 23, 2012, 11:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richsei

CB now has a new upper burner for the E2300 that you can order it's got a door on it now....Just put mine in 2 days ago and works great..... 8)

doctorb

I am clueless about this product.  How's about a little explanation why my 2300 needs an "upper burner"?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

talldog

I'm with Doc.Clueless.Is this something to do with propane?

AsaG

Gas ignition burner w/motorized door that covers the burner when not in use? If so, glad to know it works well.  Got one for my 2400 but never got around to installing it.

buckgrunt

So I guess if your E-2300 is a wood only model,  as mine is, this upgrade does not apply.....

muckamuck

I had the propane ignition model on my early 2300 but it never worked right (required constant disassembly and cleaning to light).  For the first couple years I complained and my dealer said CB would not replace or fix it (there was no fix available), but after speaking to CB a few weeks ago they offered to send a replacement with a newer concentric ignition wire (but not the version with the motor door) for free, or upgrade to the trapdoor model but I would have to pay for the upgrade.  I chose the basic free unit, but it does not work.  It will ignite but the flame only stays lit about 30 seconds then shuts down and the flame is so weak it does not reach the firebox.  The old flame was big and reached to the middle of the firebox.   My dealer is trying to fix it and I will let you know. It seems it should work or they should refund the cost of the dual fuel option, or give us the burner with the door that works.

doctorb

Mine is a dual-fuel model.  Never used the propane option.  Never hooked it up.  Never needed it.  Wish I had not paid extra for it.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

richsei

The new burner was just released from what I was told. The one that came with my CB would not work 99% of the time we changed it out cleaned it checked gas psi and even had CB on the phone when Gene was here at the house working on it trying to make it work right. Then one day Gene called and told me that CB was sending a tech from CB to my house to install a prototype upper burner in my E2300 will that worked for a few days and we found that CB needed to make some changes to it so got another one to test out it worked a few weeks and quit. So the new one we just put in looks to be working fine as of this time. It dose not have as high as BTU as the original burner so that is why the flame dont reach as far in to the fire box..and this is on the dual-fule model or if you got the upper burner for lighting the wood.

muckamuck

Update on my replacement burner (this one has the concentric ignition wire in the middle but does not have the motorized door).  After testing everything -flame sensor microamps and my dealer getting the correct pressure on the manometer we still couldn't get it to stay on more than 20 seconds.  It was driving us nuts. I tried a new propane tank.  No luck.  Finally we tried a new regulator and tada, it works.  Somehow the fancy 2 stage regulator I had gave the correct pressure but somehow would not deliver the volume of gas needed.  A simple one stage replacement regular works fine.  But I still have my old flame thrower weed burner as a manual backup.  My dealer says running the gas burner for a minute daily is one way to keep these clean.

Thank You Sponsors!