iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Solar eclipse April 8

Started by woodroe, March 16, 2024, 09:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aigheadish

Turns out my party is a party. I invited folks over on a meetup site and expected the site to email directly, I didn't receive any so I thought it was going to be a boring party. Turns out there are several rsvp's on the site that I didn't realize. Woop!
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Magicman

PatD will be having some oral (dental) surgery so I will be sitting in the waiting room.  We have rain forecast so it will only be darker rainy.  :uhoh:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

They just declared our town a state of emergency for the day  :huh?. All law enforcement will be handing out tickets to those parking illegally on public roads. Hopefully it will help NYs budget problems  ffcool
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

PoginyHill

I think the population of Vermont may double for the day. I'm dead center of the eclipse path. Forecast is for clear skies. I plan to enjoy from my perch on my little hill.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

21incher

Same here.  We are in a fairly rural  area and have been told to fill the cars with gas a couple  days before because too many vehicles can cause shortages plus we have no EV recharging stations locally that will be an issue should visitors use EVs.  I'm just  going  to set the camera  up outside and watch it on my big screen  TV  :sunny:
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

beenthere

Lots of media hype to frighten as many people as possible. It's what they do. Spread fear at every chance the media can grab. 

For 3-4 minutes of darkness during the daytime, could just step into a dark closet and accomplish the same thing.  ffcool ffcheesy ffcheesy
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Quote from: 21incher on April 03, 2024, 08:40:05 AMThey just declared our town a state of emergency for the day  :huh?. All law enforcement will be handing out tickets to those parking illegally on public roads.
Somebody needs to lighten up and get a grip.  Folks will not all of a sudden become criminals for that time period.  Pause, take a deep breath and breath easy, it could be a slight inconvenience but will soon pass and everything will be back to normal.  ffwave
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

peakbagger

Up in Northern NH, I am not too worried about law enforcement writing tickets, they are going to be tied up with all the normal crap that happens when lots of clueless folks head north in mud season. The forecast is for sunny and warm for April. I hope everyone has a good time but expect it is going to be a slow ride south. 

Southside

There is even fear mongering about the New Madrid Fault being set off as a result...  Folks it's a shadow, and it gets dark each evening around here without any onset of earthquakes happening. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

That kind of mongering went on in the 80's to, was all debunked back then. We had an eclipse and one year a so called lining of the planets was going to cause weather events and geophysical catastrophes and on and on. The media will say anything if you pay them enough. They'll find any darn fool to gibber jabber, gobbley gook at a mic. Pretty much what James Randi concluded about them years ago. You don't want to know what his term was for them. Well I can't type it on here. What I get a kick out of is "America's Solar Eclipse Event" across the tv screen.  What did you guys do now? ffcheesy
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

I couldn't care less, I'll be working. ffcheesy 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

That's pretty much what the carpenter working on the garage said, just another day.  ffsmiley :sunny:

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

There are some that travel the world to see this event. 
Not a big deal to me, but some think I am crazy for digging  rayrock out of the field so the wife does not have to mow around them. Dig out 50 rocks that is a big time saver.  :wacky:
As long as you don't harm little kids or old people. I don't care what you do.  :thumbsup:
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

I find the hype beyond humorous, almost pitiful. Out (NYS) governor has joined in the hysteria. She has banned all roadwork throughout the entire state from Saturday to Tuesday in order to minimize traffic delays. Now how many folks do you think are driving through Long Island to see the eclipse? Traffic down there is always a mess anyway, who's gonna notice the difference? She's an idiot with idiot advisors.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

Quote from: 21incher on April 03, 2024, 09:29:29 AMI'm just  going  to set the camera  up outside and watch it on my big screen  TV  :sunny:.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

21incher

West of us there are skydivers coming in from around the world to jump during the eclipse. Our county is expecting 50,000 visitors on Monday  :uhoh: . The whole county is in a state  of emergency now. All 2 lane roads and no place to park with all the mud. Can't wait to watch the news the next day  ffcheesy.

Log-it-up

A lot of hype here in VT, banks are closing early, daycares are shut down ,state police and emergency staff warning of traffic grid lock, it a big todo for 2 1/2 minutes I guess I'm just not that into it, followed by some reporters blaming global warming for the cloudy or unclear view as we had 18+ inches of snow dump today I'm sure it will be neet but  I've seen a lot of awesome scenery in my few years here on earth,so for one to be all jazzed up for a view thats blacked out I just soon pull one out of the memory bank and over ride the one that's coming

SwampDonkey

Totality is scheduled for around 4:33 pm local time here on Monday. Will start to see the effects around 3:30 as the moon starts passing by. Nobody I know of thinks it's anything to get excited about. I have some young neighbors here that have probably never seen an eclipse, I've not asked them what they think. I bet they are curious, but I bet it stops there. Everyone is a little curious, be honest. But most of us are sane to.  ffcheesy ffcheesy

NewYankeeSawmill

I have a pretty thick tinfoil hat I wear most of the time, and this whole thing has just been a depressingly sad story.
People are really stupid, and it shows, the government sucks, and a working man can't catch a break in this world...
Watch they pull some psy-op to shut the internet down and tell everyone the Russian's did it with nuclear bombs stationed on the moon to cause tsunami's across all the flat parts of the earth. ffsmiley
Stop the world, I want to get off!!!!
Norwood LUMBERPRO HD36V2

Magicman

We have rain forecast so maybe they will postpone the eclipse for a week so that we can at least watch it get a bit darker.  ffcheesy

Southside

It's a good thing there are no volcanoes in the path or some fool might try a sacrifice at this rate. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

TroyC

Sounds like Y2K hype all over again. Computers gonna stop working, aliens will invade, food will become scarce. ffsmiley

The stock market will tumble, survivalist will take to their bunkers........... :veryangry:

Me, I'm gonna have my coffee and start my trip to Jake's! See you there   ffcheesy ffcool

DavidDeBord

Quote from: peakbagger on April 05, 2024, 07:42:06 AMNo comment

For some Christians, a solar eclipse signals the second coming of Christ (theconversation.com)

That's true, & I'm amazed that the media has left out the fact that this month a Comet, will be able to be seen without a telescope/binoculars, & that several planets are also lining up in a row.

Southside

Oh My GOSH - New York City just had an earthquake ahead of the eclipse - see it's all coming to an end, it's already happening!!!  Dogs and cats living together, complete pandemonium!!!  Call the Ghostbusters.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!