iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fabtech harvester head not measuting

Started by monkeywrench, November 16, 2023, 02:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeywrench

fabtech   i have 24 volts dc going to computer but not going to encoder( not coming from computer) . need all the help i can get in simple language.

Firewoodjoe

You have to trace it back. All you can do. Trace the positive all the way back to the in cab box. Should be 4 colors. 

Skeans1

Seems like our at the encoder is also 5 volts from memory not 24.

The Wanderer

Used to have issues with a broken wire from the head to the computer . Check each wire for continuity.
Roy Saari

monkeywrench

please excuse the mistakes ,i am no better at computer than i am at fabtech encoders, what color wire would be supply to the encoder.

Firewoodjoe

Firewoodjoe

I don't like giving this kind of information because it could just make things worse if yours has been changed or just simply different. But here it is. 

Firewoodjoe

You only have to have one encoder. And the saw home signal wires. The rest can be removed if you want. 

monkeywrench

Firewoodjoe   thank you very much will have another go at it tomorrow will let you know how it works out. we had snow here last nite in eastern Newfoundland but calling for  10 degrees (50 f) tomorrow .

Firewoodjoe

Your box in the cab may say what each wire is also. Mine does. When it was build they etched each one right in the circuit board next to each connector. Good luck. I usually have to make myself think twice when doing wiring before moving on to the next spot. 

monkeywrench

back working now. wrong encoder wires hooked up to encoder. will not happen again  removed all that is not being used. thanks to all you guys.

Thank You Sponsors!