iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

finish on flooring & stairs & beams?

Started by Daver, December 03, 2007, 10:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daver

Hi I got my oak floors down and the stairs..  I did not sheetrock as of yet... Should I put something on the bare wood to protect it?  If so what should I use.. On the beams?  Floor?  Steps?   All the same thing?  I am afraid people will walk around on the bare wood and get it dirty making it harder to seal it later...

Thanks in advance!
"Remember, amateurs made the ark, professionals built the Titanic."

beenthere

Well, sounds like the cart is before the horse....already. Sheetrocking over the floors will raise particular heck without a finish, and won't do a finish any good either. Just my opinion. So much crud and dust and grime from sheetrocking and taping/sanding joints is going to happen.
Not sure what I'd recommend, but assume you must have some of that already covered in your plan.
Wish you the best.

(Hey boss...I like the new icon for modifying the message...hadda click on it to see what it was..)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

I agree. :-\
Bout all you can try to my knowledge would be some of the best drop cloths you can find and tape every edge/everything.
Might even use a layer of plastic under a fabric drop cloth and walk carefully.

Daver

My next question is what is used to seal the floor, what do people use for finishes?  I will wait the till I got my sheetrock up.  I don't get what you mean by the modify button?

I will put up some photos soon of the job..
"Remember, amateurs made the ark, professionals built the Titanic."

Thank You Sponsors!