iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Photo Posting Process and problems

Started by WV Sawmiller, February 23, 2024, 09:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Okay, I'm dense but I'll ask again:

Once I get a photo downsized small enough to be accepted in the gallery, I get it uploaded to a new or previously existing album - then how do it get it here to this post??

There used to be  button that said add photos and when I clicked it it opened my gallery and I selected the photo to be added and placed it in my thread where I wanted it. I am missing this piece of the puzzle The Click or drag opens to my hard drive on my Laptop not the gallery. Please help.

(Insert picture here)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

First of all, the one photo you have uploaded is way to small. If your photo is under 12mb it will upload and resize in the gallery. Under the full size photo is the embed code. 3 options. Copy the code and paste it in your post.

There is a gallery button in the menu go to it and click my gallery to get to your gallery.

@Magicman has a good description on how he does it. It is not as hard as you are trying to make it.

It has been posted multiple times now that the process you seek no longer exists.

It has also been explained that the drag and dropis a totally different alternative to post photos directly without a gallery. Which of course opens to your drive to select and load the photo.

This is NOT a drag and drop from the gallery.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

Thanks. The picture mentioned was downsized several times till the album finally accepted it.

@Magicman 

Lynn, can you post a link to the description mentioned above. When I search in the How To Post Photos in the technical thread I get a URL Not found message when I click on the suggested links. Thanks.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Jack S

Howard  I think you have the same issue I had until this morning  try this

when  you select a picture and it shows up in your new reply you are making  right click on the picture  then   left click on the ( copy image link )  now paste it where it says insert url.

i believe this is what MM  is doing  i tried it and it worked   both from my gallery and from my laptop   What I dont know yet tho  is if what is copied from my laptop is if it is being saved in the FF  gallery

Jack

Jeff

It is not. The gallery upload works exactly as it did. There is no connection from the post box to the gallery. It is two totally different systems of posting a photo. 

If you want a gallery with albums, you use the gallery upload that looks just like it did before. 

If you just want to share phots to a post and dont want to have them saved in a gallery, you use the drag and drop that has it's own set of rules on size.

One system has nothing to do with the other. Two sharing options. I really don't know any other way to explain it. 

Jack S

Thankyou Jeff while you were typing I went back and figured out what you just said  It works  very well   and yes it seems to be working very well   

Also thankyou and all your helpers for what  has been done  in the last few weeks  

Jack

WV Sawmiller

Thanks. I'll skip the gallery then and just paste from a the folder on my laptop. 

I thought the gallery offered some protection to the FF and was why it was to be used.

The picture I did get loaded in the gallery only after multiple resizing efforts (which is now too small) had previously been loaded at the larger size through the drag and drop/copy from my laptop. 
Howard Green

Jack S

Howard Im Not an authority here but I think the clue here is  to put pictures from your laptop to your gallery  you  use the pictures url instead of the picture its self

Jack

Thank You Sponsors!