iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

shelter for my power unit

Started by tgalbraith, September 21, 2016, 04:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgalbraith

I got real tired of tarping and un-tarping the tractor, so I built this the other day.  I does really good
at shedding rain, but I don't think it will hold up to snow load.  It's only attached to the frame with
with string ties, so my plan is to take it down when I finish sawing this fall, and put the tractor in the shed.

I also added a sawdust removal system some time back, that works slick.  It's simple dust collection blower from
Harbor Freight that I got on sale.  A 4" PVC pipe extends into my sawdust pit just ahead of the blade, and a
4" PVC shoots it into my dump trailer.

f
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

ozarkgem

How is the tractor for power?  Looks like your roof will work. Beats a tarp
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

thecfarm

No old steel around for a roof? Looks like you have the equipment to make the lumber part easy.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

larrydown60

I would make sure the PVC pipe is grounded really good I have read quite a few stories of static electricity in the PVC pipe causing fires in the saw dust. Looks like a good setup you have there. My cousin uses a tarp to cover his turkey pen . The roof is probably a 10/12 pitch  and the snow hasn't collapsed it yet.   

Czech_Made

I did quite few roofs using MasterRib - screw on metal roofing.  It is cheap and easy to put on, usually the local farm coop carries it.

red

Cheap Roof Maybe from Hiya posted here on Sept 19 2004 is another idea
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

red

Cheap Roof Maybe from Hiya posted here on Sept 19 2004 is another idea
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!