iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yet another mill build...but a band slabber

Started by bkaimwood, November 01, 2015, 07:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ox

I do the whole "let's try this and see what happens" thing a lot myself.  This is how inventions are discovered.  Besides, if you never try anything new, how to you expect to progress?  If nobody ever tried anything new we'd all still be living like animals! 

I personally like your machinery.  Don't be too hard on yourself - it's unfounded.  One of my favorite sayings:  Function first, pretty later.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

bkaimwood

Thanks OX...she has always been ugly, but I am proud to say that I've gotten plenty of compliments on the quality of the product she's produced. It always seemed to be within 1/16" accuracy out 12+ foot on even wider slabs... :)
bk

Ox

Well, that's great!  Just proves the point that pretty paint don't make a mill cut straight.

Be very proud of your homemade stuff.  After all, what percentage of people on earth can say they've built their own sawmill?  Way less than 1%, I'll bet.  So, in this way of thinking, Presto!  You're now part of the 1 percenters, the elites!  ;D
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Thank You Sponsors!