iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Been busy!

Started by celliott, November 13, 2020, 05:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celliott

Haven't been active on the forum for awhile now. Had a lot going on the past few months.
We added on taps at work in some very difficult areas. Steep steep ground...

Moose while working near a pond

This is a very steep hillside, unworkable with equipment, but we'll tap it! A rock slid down and took out a few trees. Impressive to see.

Did some clearing work at a friends camp, got some firewood out of the deal too.

Firewood, always firewood... I need an eastonmade and a conveyor and a 1 ton dump!

Work pics I forgot

On a 3000 tap for hire job. Pulling mainline pipe. Those 6x6's are total work horses. There's 8000ft of wire in there (200#) plus at least 100# misc gear. And 3000' of pipe, two guys, up a very steep hill. Impressive.

Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

celliott

Had to do a head gasket on the 22hp Kohler in my toro lawn tractor.

Bought a new plow rig after my 1996 f350 lost reverse (it was so rusty not worth fixing it IMO)
2004 f250, bed totally shot but been working on refinishing and installing a steel CM flatbed I found cheap.

Did a bunch of hiking on my fridays off this summer. Wood prices were so low I didn't want to hand cut spruce/fir in the summer for $225/mbf!

Neat pic

I did this race last year. This year my brother did it with me. The westmore mountain challenge. 26.2 miles. 4 peaks. Mixture of hiking trail and back roads. Fun, relaxed race environment, we had a good time. I did it right around 7.5hrs

Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
265rx clearing saw

celliott

And, the big news, not sure if I posted here about this or not but this topic has consumed the majority of my (mental) time.

Any guesses?

Yup, pregnant! 

Our first child. Due November 5th. Was quite an ordeal when we found out. Overjoyed, yes, but also concerned. This was planned, but we did not plan on a global pandemic. Virus hit the US right about when we knew for sure... What if mom catches COVID? No one knows what happens... I know. We will always worry, but this was new added stress. I wasn't able to go with Meghan for any of the appointments. We had to video call the ultrasounds. Never would have thought that would happen.

We chose to not find out the gender, be surprised, old fashioned style. Was only a bit weird because we had to refer to just "baby" not he or she.

However all turned out well!
Welcome to the world Isaac Christopher Elliott! 8# 5.5 oz, 21.5"

Mom is doing great, the little man is doing great too. We're adjusting to life at home, I have 3 weeks off to help and enjoy our newborn.

October 31st at 3:33
We were admitted on 10/30 at 10:30. Halloween was a full moon. Also 5 days early, same as Meghan's twin sister. I called it for Halloween a month ago!

Proud dad for sure.
He's wide awake with me at 1:00 am this morning as I upload pictures and type out this post. Couldn't be happier.

Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
265rx clearing saw

Skip

Good on you! I would say you've been busy  :) Congrats, Good pictures and a better lookin family. Stay safe and best of  luck to you.

Ed_K

Congratulations Chris.
Ed K

petefrom bearswamp

Congrats chris and Meghan
Just a very faint family resemblance between you and your brother Ha ha
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

thecfarm

I noticed the brothers look a lot alike too!!
Take care of Isaac!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Welcome to the world Isaac!  You selected some great parents I am sure!  

Congratulations!  What a great looking family. 

Great to hear all this wonderful and fun stuff happening!

K-Guy

Yes you have!!

And that little ones going to keep you busy for some years to come but they are years you won't regret!!  ;D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

barbender

Congratulations, busy is an understatement!👍👍
Too many irons in the fire

hacknchop

Fantastic news wonderful,and thank you for posting you brightened my day,it is so nice to see something good happening.Great pictures.
Often wrong never indoubt

Chuck White

Good to hear from you Chris, and CONGRATULATIONS!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

trapper

Thanks for the post and pictures
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

WV Sawmiller

Congrats to both of you.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

celliott

Thanks everyone!
At the race no less than 5 people asked if we were twins. Twins? we're 5 years apart lol But yeah we get that alot, that we look alot alike.
Be interesting to see down the road who Isaac takes after. We've determined my ears and mom's nose so far. No doubt he's gonna be a tall boy though, I'm 6'2", mom is 5'10"
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
265rx clearing saw

reride82

Congrats!
My second daughter was born on April 2nd, so it was a little hectic with Covid and the ever changing rules. Kids are awesome and will take over your world :D

Levi
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Bruno of NH

Congrats Chris
Ditto on the Easton made
I want an axis 
Maple seasons not far off
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mike_belben

Congrats DAD.   Do it like its the last chance youll ever have because it is.  the clock really starts tickin now, with no pause or rewind so make the best of it.. Im sure you will though.   The worrying has just begun and will be there from now on.  The second youre apart from him there will be a little worry back there.  Its how you know you got something wonderful worth worrying about. God bless ya. Great pics. 
Praise The Lord

Nebraska

Wow! congradulations dad (mom as well, as she did the work) Hang on its an amazing ride that goes too fast my youngest is 18  in about two weeks.

51cub

Congratulations! I gotta say it too. I'm glad you pointed out your brother, I never woulda seen it
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

A-z farmer

Congratulations and your pictures are very nice .Your son will be helping you in the sugar bush in the green mountains in no time .

farmfromkansas

Seems  we think our work important, but our family is the most important.  And when you get older, you can enjoy grandkids, if you have enough kids first.  Don't stop with one.  We had 3, wish we had more.  6 grandkids so far.  Met a guy the other day who has 72.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

WV Sawmiller

Must be awful hard to remember birthdays. ::) :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ed_K

Yes, enjoy them while youcan they grow up and go away  :(. And your real lucky if the grankids come around at times.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!