iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HOT Today

Started by Magicman, May 24, 2010, 07:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

but you could quit early to make up for starting late cant you?
on the bright side it wont take you very long to get''warmed up''!  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Texas Ranger

What a bunch of wimps, 100 yesterday here, of course, the office was 75, but still.................. smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

paul case

my two 36'' fans were moving air at my mill just under hurricane speed.if i did sweat it would blow right off!.not bad but im inside in the shade and those fans really help. pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Magicman

Quote from: paul case on May 27, 2010, 08:15:52 AM
but you could quit early to make up for starting late cant you?   pc 

I quit early, but it was because of a breakdown.  Forward solenoid decided that it had forwarded enough in 5300 hours.  New one will be here probably Tuesday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

94 today, but, in the woods this morning, high humidity, up and down hill, this forester is looking at his future in the heat, and not liking it.

I will ask of our senior forester, Ron, how do you handle it?

paul case

MM,
thats convienent. how  did you work that out? get the whole memorial day weekend off? the forewarding solenoid on my manual mill may go out this weekend too . pc
pc

Magicman

Quote from: paul case on May 27, 2010, 06:24:16 PM
MM,
thats convienent. how  did you work that out? . pc 

That's called "superior job planning".   :)   The tracking number says that the UPS man will deliver it Tuesday.  That means that I should be ready to roll Wednesday morning.

My new operator's seat came today, so maybe I'll have time Tuesday to replace it also.  I'll have to drill holes and install my umbrella bracket. ;D   This thread is about HOT and staying COOL.    ;) :) :)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

I loaded some catfish today, it was so hot they were dripping with sweat. ;) ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

paul case

this morning we were putting roof on a new add on to my dads barn.by 10 am i had sweat thru my shirt and about to dry up . too hot out there i had to go mill some. those fans i fixed up are just the thing!pc
pc

Magicman

Quote from: paul case on May 27, 2010, 11:09:42 PM
those fans i fixed up are just the thing!pc 

I'd have to have a loooong extension cord to run a fan where I'm set up.  It's kinda "off the grid" !!!    :)

beenthere

Magic
Any way to rig up a fan belted off the saw engine to blow clean air across the seat?

Or a 12v or hyd motor to run a fan when the saw is running?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

stonebroke

Thats why they have generators.

Stonebroke

paul case

MM,
with the shade you have i bet you could fix up 1 or2 of those 12 volt fans to blow right down the back of your neck and that would help dramaticaly. since you got the weekend off you probably got time to figure it out. if the umberella comes off for transport you may want to think about a plug in of some type. these HOT days make these efforts well worthwhile.  pc
pc

SwampDonkey

Well I'm just glad we're back down to 65 F today, as I stashed away another 4.5 cords of firewood today for winter.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Since I operate a portable sawmill business, really hot takes care of itself.  July and August is too hot for farmers to cut, buck, and skid logs.  Without shade, it's too hot to saw also.  If/when I saw then, we start around 5:30 or 6:00 and get-r-done early.  We'll knock off at noon or shortly  thereafter.   ;)

gator gar

It is so hot, my chickens are laying hard boiled eggs.   I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.

paul case

i seen a turtle in the road here today that had died of heat exhaustion.
:o
pc

Texas Ranger

trees are chasing dogs, frogs are carrying water bottles, taters are coming out of the ground roasted, and it is only 99.

Magicman

At least we finally got this thread around to food.   digin_2

r.man

Hate to be a spoilsport for my area but the heat broke two nights ago. However we were so used to it that my wife is now saying she's cold and it was 69 degrees at the time. Thunder rolling as I type and the temperature is supposed to be just warm tomorrow. Second decent rain in two days and a good thing too. Couldn't cut the grass for fear of it burning off for a week. Hope everyone else gets relief before all the eggs are hard boiled and the potatoes baked in the ground.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magicman

93° here in the shade today.  I got my new power feed forward solenoid and installed it.  Now I can saw tomorrow.  I also got new motor brushes and a new brake band, but they can just wait until I get the mill in the shade.

paul case

you will be glad to hear i got my mill running today and yes it was hot and humid.  i was a sweat making sawyer!  pc
pc

paul case

the weatherman said it got to 92* here today but he wasnt where i was at. oc
pc

ljmathias

gotta say that while I love the heat over winters up north, the humidity makes it hard to stay at it- worked with my son on and off Monday clearing a drive way for truck access for the house we're about to start.  We'd work a couple hours then have to take a re-hydration break.  Even continuous water and gator can't keep up with the rate of sweat production- changed clothes three times just so I'd not slip off the tractor seat!

Good thing though is this: if you're still sweating, you haven't gone into heat exhaustion or heat stroke... and thank God for such little things... and for the pond: we put a couple loads of sand in over the last few years and now when it gets too hot, we just soak in the water.  Going to build a shade structure on the bank to make it a little more habitable.

Enjoy the summer while you can: hurricane season started couple days ago, and it's about time for us to get hit again.

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

SwampDonkey

Today was 75 F, it wasn't too bad as far as hot out their bush whacking. Was wet though from rain last night. Those spruce needles hold water all day. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!