iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White Oak Market

Started by Autocar, January 10, 2017, 02:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Anyone have a crystal ball it's been pretty strong just would like to know what six months may be. Hard to bid on standing timber when your biding with company's that may have four or more employees and your a one man operation. There cutting it in a few days and your cutting skidding and trucking as you know it burns alot of time by yourself.
Bill

ehp

white oak here is real strong but I know I would not be cutting any in the summer here, you get paid quite abit more cutting good grade oak in the winter time than the summer , is it going to stay this hot I would guess for abit just like hard maple it will price itself out of the market and come down

mills

I was told a couple of months ago that the stave inventory was catching up to demand. They didn't see log prices dropping, but did see them leveling out. Now that was at the end of a dry fall with a lot of wood moving, so that may not now be the case.

killamplanes

I have always come out good on w/o timber. But I would be shutting it down by april/may. Here prices seem to soften about that time.
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

mike_belben

Any fresh sentiments on white oak stave direction?  My local price sheet from february hasnt changed at the grade mill.  Our local stave mill was paying $1700/mbf before it burned.  I found one two hours from me paying $1800/mbf for top grade 3sc stave.

Im trying to decide whether to go all in on logging or not.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!