iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Need help

Started by beenthere, October 17, 2012, 05:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Can't get the forum to come up on my pc.
I'm on my iPad now.

Wheather I use my bookmark or go to google search and click on the forum, I just get a blank screen and message at bottom that says is "Done"

Seems to have started when I did a screen refresh.
Rebooting windows did not help.
Have no problems with any other sites coming up normal, nor a problem getting on the forum with this iPad.

Any thoughts?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DR Buck

Try clearing your cache, cookies and internet browsing histoy.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

WH_Conley

Is this the same machine you were having trouble with the redirect bug? I am having that problem now and was just wondering what was next.
Bill

beenthere

Just cleared history and cookies and temporary files.
Same problem exists and only FF.

The redirect problem seems to have gone away and hasn't reared its ugly head recently.  And doesn't appear to show up the way it did before on this present problem.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Can you get to the home page of the forum?   Did you try a IE if on firefox, or firefox if on IE?

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Jeff
I can get to the forestryforum.com
And then get blank page when I select " Enter the Forestry Forum "

On IE

south central Wisconsin

thecfarm

All set now? That is not good.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

No, still cannot get on to the forum on my pc. All other sites work fine, and normal.
But I am on the forum on the iPad.  But I don't like it as well.

I've tried to figure out what I might have inadvertntly touched to lock out the FF, but for the .com home page.  A mystery for me.
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

I am thinking that your browser has an issue with the mobile mode and you are not getting the cookies deleted after inadvertently clicking on mobile.  Did you try Firefox?

Try this.  I'm going to send you a link to click in an email. See if it fixes it.

This is the link I am sending:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?thememode=full;redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forestryforum.com%2Fboard%2Findex.php

beenthere

Jeff
That link worked great. Many thanks.

I must have somehow hit the mobile mode button.

Great to have the forum back running.

Much appreciated.
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

Maybe upgrade your browser. ;)

Ianab

Quote from: Jeff on October 18, 2012, 01:26:25 AM
Maybe upgrade your browser. ;)

Have had to use that fix a couple of times. Internet Explorer settings get so hopelessly broken that some sites just don't work. Install Chrome or Firefox, it works, problem solved.  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)