iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

rusticretreater

That picture was not blurry in anyway shape or form.  Unsubstantiated rumor!
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

SawyerTed

Quote from: Southside on March 27, 2024, 09:54:00 PMFunny how much different the angle made that look, and THAT folks is how UFO's are confirmed!
And Bigfoot and Nessie...
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Nebraska

This needed drug to the top again so here I am. Yesterday Leaving the house headed to work I had grabbed my cap from the night before with my sunglasses sitting on it and set it on my head. Grabbed a couple little projects to do at the office and loaded up my old Labrador and left. Driveway faces due East and is 150yards long or so and the morning sun was tough.  So I put the sunglasses on like except I couldn't see they were blurry, I was smelling motor.  That's odd I thought. So I drove in without them. Got there and looked them over, they were covered with a mist of oil droplets. " Great now where is that stupid motor leaking oil again."  I was sawing a little bit the night before until it got dark and I gave it up. 
So last night I investigated, yep the oil fill cap had vibrated out shortly before I quit and didn't see it in the poor light. I wasn't aggressive enough in my tightening 
At least I don't need to worry about changing oil for a while.    :thumbsup:

The good part of this was my wife's comment when I was telling her about it was, "why don't you just order a new motor'" I started looking.  ffsmiley

doc henderson

Yes, occasionally they surprise us.  I thought the engraver was too expensive for a machine to basically manufacture art stuff.  My wife went to HL here and got three wooden signs for Christmas presents.  one had a crack and broke, so she had to drive 50 minutes to Wichita to get another one.  She came home and said, "we are getting that engraver".
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SawyerTed

I got a tractor like that.  Wife's brother was "taking care of " their daddy's tractor.   I needed to use it.  She was with me.  It nearly took congressional action to get the old tractor going.  Emily looked at me and said, " We need our own tractor."   I had one in two weeks. 

It has turned out the old Massey and their daddy's Farmall are both in my care now.  So I have a choice of 3 and they usually crank with the first turn of the key.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Southside

Back in early to mid 2020 my wife walked outside one day after getting off a call with work - DOD - she had a TS / SCI clearance and dealt with 3 and 4 star Generals on a regular basis - she walked right up to me looking concerned and said "just order anything we need".  I never asked about the call as I knew better, and being the good husband I am I did exactly as I was told to do.   :thumbsup:
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SawyerTed

Those generals must have been like the opening you cut in the ice to fish, holes in the ice, ice h...s.   ffcheesy  See what I did there?  

beenthere

Quote from: SawyerTed on April 11, 2024, 07:57:56 AMI got a tractor like that.  Wife's brother was "taking care of " their daddy's tractor.  I needed to use it.  She was with me.  It nearly took congressional action to get the old tractor going.  Emily looked at me and said, " We need our own tractor."  I had one in two weeks.

It has turned out the old Massey and their daddy's Farmall are both in my care now.  So I have a choice of 3 and they usually crank with the first turn of the key. 
They crank, but do they start and run? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Hilltop366

I can crank sometime but I don't run anymore.

rusticretreater

After thirty years of marriage, my wife and I have got to the point where I present something to her and she knows there is a valid reason, that it has been thoroughly researched and that it is likely the most cost effective solution, or the best solution.

But one of the best days was when she said, you need a bigger trailer.  Pow. Big Tex car hauler order placed.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Magicman

Just wait until you are told that you are too old to need anything else !!  :uhoh:   :wacky:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

Quote from: beenthere on April 11, 2024, 10:45:44 AM
Quote from: SawyerTed on April 11, 2024, 07:57:56 AMI got a tractor like that.  Wife's brother was "taking care of " their daddy's tractor.  I needed to use it.  She was with me.  It nearly took congressional action to get the old tractor going.  Emily looked at me and said, " We need our own tractor."  I had one in two weeks.

It has turned out the old Massey and their daddy's Farmall are both in my care now.  So I have a choice of 3 and they usually crank with the first turn of the key. 
They crank, but do they start and run?
They run like tops!  I despise a motor that can't be tuned to run as it should!  

GAB

Quote from: Magicman on April 11, 2024, 01:29:05 PMJust wait until you are told that you are too old to need anything else !!  :uhoh:  :wacky:
That's a bide your time statement.
Sometimes you can use it to your advantage over the same person that made it, and the time frame is very short.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

TimW

Been sawing 20.5 foot logs.  Put an 18 foot log on and lowered the head to add fuel.  I didn't have a log in my face, so I forgot to look for the debarker hitting the log.  Yep.............Bent debarker stop.  Ouch.

Hey, we went 5 days without any new entries here!
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Southside

Mine has looked like that for so long I thought it was how the factory built it.  ffcheesy
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

TimW

If your's ever breaks, I can make you another one. ffcheesy
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

WV Sawmiller

My down arrow key on my Laptop popped off so I fixed it by gluing the tiny plastic key back on with a small dab of Gorilla glue. The key seems securely afixed to the tiny spring. Unfortunately the spring seems to have been filled and the glue hardened and the spring don't move no more. :uhoh: I think I am going to have to spend a lot more time using my mouse.  smiley_thumbsdown
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

RetiredTech

That sucks. Plug in a usb keyboard until you you can get it fixed. You can probably get a replacement for it on ebay.
Philippians 4:8

Branson 4520R, EA Wicked Root Grapple, Dirt Dog Pallet Forks
Echo cs-450 & cs-620p , Husqvarna 136, Poulan Pro, and Black Max Chainsaws
Partially built bandsaw mill

TimW

After sawing ERC last Friday, I realized yesterday, I left the lid to my SimpleSet and mill controls open.  It rained 2 inches over the weekend.  The lid was full of water.  I got that cleaned up and ran the mill and all seems fine.  I opened the front panel and all was dry inside.  Whew, glad that cork gasket works so well.  Time will tell.

firefighter ontheside

Liam drives himself to school and then has to ride the bus to his track meet today.  Cindy and I went to watch him run.  He decided to go home after his run instead of riding the bus back to school where his car is.  Of course I planned to take him to his car, but SQUIRREL!  We picked up some Chinese for dinner on the way home and I drove us straight home.  Nobody thought about the car.  Finally I thought about something I had left in that car yesterday.  I walked outside and realized what we had done.  I called Liam outside and pointed to the carport where he parks.  He said, "What are you pointing at?"  I said NOTHING.  At least it wasn't 6:50 tomorrow morning.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Nebraska

It comes in threes, little brown Santa Claus  dropped off my new 23 hp Vanguard for the mill yesterday afternoon.  Opened the shipping box and it looked like it had fell on the air cleaner. It was crushed down and the cowling by the key switch is broken.   smiley_thumbsdown  We'll see what customer service has to say about it later.
Then I didn't have the tailgate latched on the little Chinese Rhino UTV some how my Cub Cadet 5220 rolled out back and under the buggy by the time I heard it got stopped it was under the buggy and I managed to break the fuel tank.  I was mad about the new motor and didn't pay attention and the yard has some slope.
Fixable probably if I find parts.
So I went to the mill and started the Predator, it was in the mood to run and I was squaring up a Red Cedar for a beam and some closet liner and while I was returning the head back the blade determined it's time was up and the SS big bang moment of separation occurred.
Not a big deal just had to stop and change it. It wasn't stuck in the cut broken just the third thing.  Today is a new day so hopefully it's a little smoother.

Old Greenhorn

Well at least you got all three things out of the way pretty quick!
 Geez UPS can be rough in your area. Has me concerned about other stuff headed your way. :veryangry:
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

FFOTS story reminds me of when I was truck driving and had my car parked in one state, my pickup back at home, the semi I drove parked in a lot in another state, and a pocket full of keys to all of them. And ending up having to get a ride from someone just to get to one of them. ffcheesy
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Nebraska

Yeah great, I didn't think about those headed my way Tom.  Hopefully they aren't squashed. 

Andries

Nebraska, your story reminds me of that joke:
Some days you're the statue, other days you're the pigeon perched on top.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!