iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone Need Any Rain?

Started by Gary_C, September 23, 2010, 01:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy88

Thought it wasn't gong to rain today but I was wrong, we had a shower again today, almost every day last week we got something, last night alone we ended up with 7/10 th's the total for this week has been over two inches, all its done all summer is rain, my wife was excited a few weeks ago she mowed the entire lawn in one try and didn't get stuck even once that time.  8)

DR Buck

Quote from: submarinesailor on September 24, 2010, 06:19:45 PM
Just heard on the forecast that we are FINALLY going to get some good rain.  Calling for it to rain starting Sunday and raining through Tuesday afternoon/evening. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Bruce

What he said!
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Banjo picker

We are getting a light drizzle.  It will take a week of it to make the mostiure meet...but I'll take it .. 8)  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Chris Burchfield

I'm with Dr._Buck.  Grass is brown and breaks when you walk on it.  Just went to the mailbox and saw two trees fighting over a dog.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Gary_C

I seemed to have survived with little damage other than a day of vacuuming water off the basement floor. The sump pump has been running steady for over two days now and has been unable to keep up. But at least now, the basement floor is relatively dry.

I retrieved my truck and forwarder from north of Rochester on Hwy 63. It was sitting on high ground  on top of the hill just a mile south and a mile east of Zumbro Falls. Hwy 63 was closed and I had to drive around one baricade at the last crossroad and then just a few hundred yards past my turn off and before you go down the hill to Zumbro Falls, the road was completely barricaded. The guy who lives at the end of the road where I had my equipment left just as I got there and took his camera to look at the town. He came back before I was done loading up and showed me the pictures. He said the entire town is gone. Showed me one house that you could only see about a foot of the peak of the roof. A very sad sight. I saw some news reports last night and they showed one guy that had lived in Zumbro Falls and he said that he had never seen anything like it in his 55 years in town and was sorta crying as he talked. So sad to lose everything like that. And now they will get to deal with FEMA for the next five years and get the run around.  :)

Here is one news story that gives the entire picture and has two very good links to the NWS and one other site.

Flood fight continues in parts of Minn., Wis.

For you guys asking for some rain, I'll remind you of the old farmers saying. "Be careful of what you ask for." Or another one. "A dry year will scare you, but a wet year can break you."   ::)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

We got less than an inch over a couple days. Yesterday they had predicted rain, but other than before daylight yesterday, there was no rain, just thick fog and by supper time the sun burned through. Most of last week was dry, week before we had 4/10" almost every day. Tomorrow , sun.  ;D Probably be wet here the rest of the week if it is moist out there the last few days. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

We are in a pattern of wet years in our area too. This is the 3rd year we've had major flooding in Iowa but for some reason the really heavy stuff has mostly missed our farm this year. Both me and the crop insure agent are grateful for that.

We will start on corn tomorrow and hopefully the forecast of no rain for a week holds.

Randy88

Had a meeting last night with some contractors and most made comment that nobody can get anything done this year due the fact it rains about every day. one of the guys was happy he had one job that he worked three consecutive days on without rain this summer and it was the longest stretch he went at one time, I don't think I ever made it that long myself though this summer, maybe two days at best and then we ended up working in the rain at least part of a day it seemed.    I never wish for dry weather, I've had the dry years and those about financially did me in but the drizzle is getting to me, if it would just rain two inches and clear off for a week it would be a lot better than two inches of drizzle total in a week, I think the lack of sun shine is not helping much eihter, it puts people in a bad mood, or maybe its just me I'm not sure which, the upside is I have more time to sit in front of the computer and read articles, it rained all day yesterday so work even today is out for now, maybe tomorrow they are promissing a good week this coming week but its not here yet either.    

Thank You Sponsors!