iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna saw ID

Started by symamania, June 20, 2015, 06:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

symamania

hey guys,

I was given a husqvarna saw today at a guess it`s a 1994 model but all the stickers are gone and I don`t know what model it is. I was hoping that some one can identify the saw from the little black serial number tag
she needs a few parts and a [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] load of TLC been under a work bench for 10 odd years.

cheers

HolmenTree

We need all the numbers from the black tag.
4422048 is just the year, unit # and week #.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

sawguy21

Can you post some pictures?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SawTroll

Yes, the serial number alone says nothing about which model it is, only when it was made (1994 week 42 if the tag is black, and it was made in Sweden).

If the tag isn't black, the saw either is from 1984, or it was made at the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia/Slovenia.

More info is needed, and preferably pictures as well.
Information collector.

symamania

I`ll clean it up today and post some pics later on

cheers

symamania

if you guys can check out my gallery ive added some pics of the saw. I cant figure out how to upload to the post

sablatnic

Looks like a 266 with a 162 brake to me.

symamania

I think i can make out a 61 in the old sticker maybe hard to tell, the top cover is white dont know if that helps

mad murdock

I would guess 266, but a white top mebbe makes it older?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

symamania

Is there any other defining factors that could determine what it is?

symamania

unless it is just a husq 61?

sablatnic

The white top should make it a 61 - an eighties 61. The tank is plastic, isn't it?

SawTroll

All I can say is that it doesn't look like a 1994 saw, so it likely is a 1984 one.

However, parts may have been swapped, so I still need more info on the mumber tag, to make sure.

Edit; I looked in your gallery, and it certainly is a 1984 61 Rancher.
Information collector.

symamania

yep its all plastic so a 61 1984 rancher is the consensus

SawTroll

I believe that metal tanks only was used on the heated handle saws at that point, and there was no heated version of the 61.
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!