iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Makita EA7301 bar

Started by kj330, October 27, 2019, 07:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kj330

Just pulled  the trigger on a Makita AE7301 .I got it for very good price brand new in the box. I have never owned a Makita/Dolmar  so ......Looking to put a 28 inch light weight bar on it. 3/8 050 is what it calls for. What would you recommend for a lightweight bar. I mostly just do firewood and usually use my still MS 291, but I have some larger wood to cut through so for the price of this saw went for it. Any help would be great. New to this forum. There is so much info here.

lxskllr

Welcome! My *thorough internet research has determined it uses a large Husky mount(D009), so any bar compatible with that. Personally I'd look at Sugihara and Tsumura.

*IOW, you should confirm that elsewhere. I don't have the saw, and I'm not familiar with them, but that's what the internet told me.

kj330

Two Trax

Quote from: lxskllr on October 27, 2019, 10:29:47 AM
Welcome! My *thorough internet research has determined it uses a large Husky mount(D009), so any bar compatible with that. Personally I'd look at Sugihara and Tsumura.

*IOW, you should confirm that elsewhere. I don't have the saw, and I'm not familiar with them, but that's what the internet told me.
Listen to this man, dead on.
Livin the dream!

Andyshine77

Correct D009 mount, I call it Large Husqvarna mount as it fits on their larger saws, 562, 372,390, 395 and many others, very common bar mount, even some Stihl bars will fit with an adapter. ✌
Andre.

kj330

Thanks everyone!!!! I followed his advice and when with a 20" husqvarna pro bar with replaceable nose, with a Oregon power cut chain. Wow it's the most powerful saw I have run and pulls it no problem. Here's another question I picked up a light weight 28" and and a skip tooth chain for only occasional cutting. Do I need to change the sprocket??

lxskllr

Sprocket will be fine as long as the gauge of the new stuff matches stock.

sawguy21

No need to change the sprocket as long as the pitch matches, it doesn't care about the gauge.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lxskllr

Ah! Pitch is what I meant. Gauge is irrelevant. A case of the stupids, and maybe a little scotch.

<.<
>.>

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

kj330

Ya the Same 3/8 .050 . Not the scotch part lmao

Andyshine77

The 7301 will pull that 28" bar nicely, I bet that you'll keep the 28" on it most of the time.
Andre.

ladylake

I'd bet that 291 will be collecting dust.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

kj330

kj330

Yup the 28" is a good match for sure

Thank You Sponsors!