iDRY Vacuum Kilns

iPad videos

Started by Alcranb, December 30, 2013, 12:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcranb

I'm assuming it's my use of an iPad but I cannot get videos on the posts. There's a blank space where the video I presume is but nothing more. Suggestions?
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Jeff

Apparently your operating system version on your Ipad does not support it. Is it an older ipad?  Do yoyu have an option to install flash? Is there another browser you can get to use on ipad?  I have no idea about them.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clearcut

Adobe Flash is essentially unsupported on the iPad - every version. The work around browsers run the Flash video on a server, convert and then stream the video in an iPad friendly format. They have never worked well for me, but I have a slow internet connection.

That being said, using a first generation iPad (iOS 5.1.1) all of the YouTube hosted videos I tried played just fine for me. I could not locate a Forum hosted one quickly to test.

For web sites that I really want to see, but are not iPad compatible, I will email myself the link, or use a service like Pocket or Evernote to save the link for later when I am on a desktop.

Carbon sequestered upon request.