iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stump Removal

Started by Gordon, May 05, 2002, 08:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_H

Timberbeast,I think it bears repeating often.A lot of people are getting tractors these days,and haven't heard about the deadly side of them.

Thanks for the reminder.

Jeff,You've got a real knack for potential.I wouldn't have seen past the stump.The sawblade is pretty cool too.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

L. Wakefield

Hey DanG, cool little stumpster...I couldn't help but visualize trying to work on my lovely granite infested areas. You'd have to do some precision targeting or else you'd be grinding granite boulders along with the stump. It would be some kind of NAS-TEE. I have a bush-hog with a stump jumper, and when that thing hits even a small granite - uh- offering, shall we say, which has somehow germinated in the pasture (strange how those things sprout every year), it gives out the most ORFUL grinding noise. And the woods are way worse. I can't really see why MAINE isn't the granite state.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Gordon

Can't be the hard rock state, it's vacationland!

What Timberbeast says is more than true. Always pull from below the axle. If you pull from above the axle you can flip a tractor before you realize it.

Ok now with the safety disclaimer said. Has anyone ever tried to use a chain and some sort of a lever to not only pull on the stump but also pull up at the same time? Of course this would only work with smaller stumps. Or has anyone ever used a twisting motion to help remove a stump from it's roots?

Gordon

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!