iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

welding project on my skidder

Started by lynde37avery, October 28, 2016, 08:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynde37avery

I figured I'd post it here. because it's not in the woods logging currently. so today it's general stuff!

been welding a exhaust box and door and front screen on my 1977 timberjack at my friends repair shop. it's been fun.  I can't wait till its done. 
here's a pic of the project.

Detroit WHAT?

timberlinetree

Nice job! Now I won't be a able to hear ya! :D
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

newoodguy78

Keep up the good work looks good. Those fab projects are fun,especially when you've got a nice shop to use.

DDW_OR

Quote from: lynde37avery on October 28, 2016, 08:14:02 AM
......been welding a exhaust box and door and front screen on my 1977 timberjack .....

since it looks like you are using hot exhaust gas to make an over-head heater, remember Carbon dioxide, co2, sinks in air.
true it is an open cab, but when not in motion and no wind = gas chamber ?
"let the machines do the work"

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: DDW_OR on October 30, 2016, 11:34:01 AM
Quote from: lynde37avery on October 28, 2016, 08:14:02 AM
......been welding a exhaust box and door and front screen on my 1977 timberjack .....

since it looks like you are using hot exhaust gas to make an over-head heater, remember Carbon dioxide, co2, sinks in air.
true it is an open cab, but when not in motion and no wind = gas chamber ?

I don't think he should be too worried about that.  But I think you meant Carbon Monoxide, CO.  That's the killer.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

lynde37avery

Yea it's got openings on the front, bottom and the back.  I kind of imitated the late model timberjack exhaust systems. it's almost dove pictures coming soon!
Detroit WHAT?

scully

My neices husband has an old Timber jack . He has some serious rubber on it , not to big but nice and beefy . All I can say is that machine blows my mind ! I have seen it do things ! Crazy wild things ! I love it !
I bleed orange  .

lynde37avery

Detroit WHAT?

Thank You Sponsors!