iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This Walnut will be hard to beat

Started by 123maxbars, November 26, 2019, 07:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

Yesterday's walnut log produced some of the best wood I have seen. This TN walnut log came from a back yard of a residential area and was taken down by a tree service. I got the log for free and finally got around to sawing it yesterday.  I sawed both 9/4 and a few 5/4 boards from it. Here is a pic of two matching 5/4 boards coming in at 27inches wide.

And here is a link to the video showing the days sawing. Forward to the 4 minute mark to see the sawing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QuOdeY334A
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ManjiSann

That's gorgeous!

Any plans for it?

Brandon
Poulan Pro 5020AV, Husky 390XP

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Brad_bb

All the light stripes in it really sets it off.  I'm sure it it were oiled you'd see a lot of color variation - purples and the like.  You should price it accordingly when you sell it.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

123maxbars

Quote from: ManjiSann on November 26, 2019, 08:59:13 PM
That's gorgeous!

Any plans for it?

Brandon
not right off, probably air dry till late spring, 
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

123maxbars

Quote from: Brad_bb on November 27, 2019, 01:28:44 PM
All the light stripes in it really sets it off.  I'm sure it it were oiled you'd see a lot of color variation - purples and the like.  You should price it accordingly when you sell it.
agreed, the wife however wants to keep them,  :o
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Resonator

Happy wife... happy life. (Old saying). ;)
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Roxie

Say when

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: 123maxbars on November 27, 2019, 09:09:20 PM
Quote from: Brad_bb on November 27, 2019, 01:28:44 PM
All the light stripes in it really sets it off.  I'm sure it it were oiled you'd see a lot of color variation - purples and the like.  You should price it accordingly when you sell it.
agreed, the wife however wants to keep them,  :o

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!