iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodstove ???

Started by Mr Mom, August 31, 2009, 09:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mom

looking to buy a woodstove and cant understand something.
How can one stove be 119,000 btu and heat 2500 square feet and another be 90,000 buts and heat 3000 square feet.
Somebody smarter than me could help me.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Ernie

Quote from: Mr Mom on August 31, 2009, 09:30:35 PM
looking to buy a woodstove and cant understand something.
How can one stove be 119,000 btu and heat 2500 square feet and another be 90,000 buts and heat 3000 square feet.

How about 2500 sq ft with a 16 ft stud against 3000 sq ft with an 8 ft stud or it could be just marketspeak ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Banjo picker

I have no idea but here's some possibilitys....

(1) One house could belong to Marcel up in Canada, and one could belong to me in Mississippi.

(2) Both houses are next door to each other...one got twice the insulation in the attic.

(3) one is a ranch style and the other is two story.... ;) :D ;D  

I have an ole Kodiak that just won't wear out...so i will never get to get a new stove.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

beenthere

Mr Mom
Are ya getting that from the sales brochures? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Toolman

Maybe one that heats 3000 sq. ft. has a blower on it  vs. one that gives off radiant heat.

Or maybe somebody lied on the brochure........that seems unlikely though :D :D
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

Warbird

What brand of stoves are these and where are you getting the numbers from?  As with all statistics, the numbers can be manipulated very easily.  Length of burn time during measurement seems to be favorite one they mess with when calculating the numbers you are looking at.

Mr Mom

One is a Hitzer sold by a Amish man. Got the infor from the company website.
90,000btu heats 3000sqft Price is $1400 with everything. One blower rated at 980cf.
Everthing is like the filter housing and stuff.
The other is an Ashly from Tractor Supply. Got info from the company web site.
119,000 btu 2500sqft. Price is around $1200. Two 500cf blowers.
No filter housing that i read.
Both does wood and coal.
Got money and ready to buy.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom.

beenthere

They both sound like free standing wood stoves, that move some air away from the stove.  What do you have to move air around the house?

What you will get in heat will depend on the moisture content of the wood you are burning. The less moisture, the more heat per pound of wood you can get.

Also, will depend on how often you put wood in it, and how good the chimney and its draft ends up.

I started out with an Ashley 'bout 35 yrs ago. Good starter stove. Decided heating a space wasn't the way I wanted to go, so switched to heating water and pumping it around the house (already had the system in place).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mr Mom

They are stand alone or add-on.
I am going to hook it up to the duct work thats already in my doublewide.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Thank You Sponsors!