iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deer Fawns

Started by Ron Scott, June 08, 2014, 09:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

I saw a video at Facebook today. A fawn was stuck between balusters around a porch. A woman tried to push it's butt through but it's pelvis wouldn't makes the squeeze. She went outside and tried to lift the front half. The fawn cried like a baby but she lifted it and pushed it backwards through the railing. Happy ending.

clww

I pulled one out of a fence similar to that a few years ago on the Naval base. He screamed and kicked a little bit, too, but I got him out.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ron Scott

Doe with her new fawn.

~Ron

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

That's a nice picture!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DeerMeadowFarm

Finally saw fawns this weekend! A doe came out into the field with twins

Ron Scott

I wonder if this large bear was looking for this fawn as photo was taken on the same morning in the same location.

~Ron

Magicman

I scared up a "baby" fawn last week while bushhogging.  I say baby because I first thought that it was a swamp rabbit. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

Going out this morning there were twin fawns right next to the drive pulling new shoots off a white oak.  Mom was about 30 feet away browsing on brush.  When we got close the fawns scampered off into the woods.  Mom just kept on browsing and didn't even look at us. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ron Scott

Doe and her fawn out on a late June morning.

~Ron

beenthere

Trail cam here caught twin fawns and "mom" this past week.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Do you have mineral poured on that stump?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

A couple of weeks back the neighbors delivered some logs.  We were visiting when a fawn came bounding out of the woods,  across the mown lawn, leaping and dodging almost up to us.  Then it veered off and continued on up behind the log piles for a hundred yards and then back into the woods.   We watched for a doe to follow it or something chasing it but nothing followed.   Today Mary was mowing in the same area this morning when a fawn came up out of a rough area around a power pole.  She said it came towards her at first. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

beenthere

Quote from: Jeff on July 11, 2014, 07:01:51 AM
Do you have mineral poured on that stump?

;D ;D ;D

Years ago there was a block of salt sitting on that stump. Neighbor had cattle here, and it leached down through and has been a salt lick ever since.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

good answer beenthere fudd-smiley :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ron Scott

Doe cares for her fawn.

~Ron

thecfarm

When I cut a popple from the grown up pasture I cut a bowl in it and fill it full of salt and water. I check it weekly and add whatever it needs. The salt will kill the stump and the 100's of suckers too. Deer like it too. I don't hunt,so it's no help to me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

Doe with her twin fawns.

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ron Scott

The fawn has company.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Following and learning from mother.

~Ron

Al_Smith

A few years back my wifes young cousins came across a new born fawn that was only hours old  in my woods .I followed the does tracks in the mud and they were fresh .Instictively  the doe knew it was going to be a hot humid day and sought the coolness of the woods to give birth .

The little fellow also instictively  knew to hunker down and hide and the children thought it was dead .I told them not to touch it of which they minded which surprised me .

I never saw doe or fawn after that but according to the neighbor they hung around in a 5-7  acre patch of woods and thicket for about 1 month .Plenty of nutritional deer "browse" for a lactating doe .

Thank You Sponsors!