iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heliacal head chips

Started by jim king, March 25, 2010, 09:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

I have a 20 inch General Model 330 planer (made inCanada) helical head planer and need to buy a couple if sets of chips  300 per set.  I have sent letters to General and get no reply.  This is not unusul as many companies do not respond when they receive a letter from a foreign country.

I like their machinery and a few weeks ago sent a request for prices for a freind who does does not speak english .  It would have been an order for several hundred thousand dollars and they did not answer that either so he went to the States and bought a complete line of machinery.

I am attacning a couple of photos of the head.  Does anyone know of another company where  I can buy the chips ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim King

logwalker

Jim, maybe a close up of one with accurate dimensions would help us. Can you get yours sharpened?

Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Kelvin

Howdy,
I buy my Byrd cutter tips from this place...
http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/products/carbide-insert-knives.html
A lot cheap and they actually seem sharper.  They have them on sale often.
KP

Fla._Deadheader

Might try a search for
"Indexable insert cutter bits", or something with Indexable in the search. This is what machine shops use, but, I'm not up on sizes of the bits.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!