A good ol' moose frolick

Started by SwampDonkey, November 13, 2011, 11:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Here's a bunch of my moose herd frolicking in the field this morning. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2A3AypFVM
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

hey, that is pretty cool. Not what I was expecting when I clicked on the topic. I thought you had found a girl friend. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

D Hagens

Quote from: Jeff on November 13, 2011, 11:44:43 AM
hey, that is pretty cool. Not what I was expecting when I clicked on the topic. I thought you had found a girl friend. ;)

Yeah I thought the same thing :D Thought SD had a tree fall on him, woke up, saw a pretty moose and got engaged :D :D 8) 8) 8)

Cool vid, SD, nice to see wildlife being shot without a gun 8) 8)

Norm

Good job SD. How far away from them were you?

Chuck White

Great video, reminds me of when I was in Alaska!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Autocar

Whats the matter with you guys there were a few girls in that feild  :D That would be a good time watching that from you window, thanks for scharing Bill
Bill

isawlogs

Ok , so some are interested in your love life  ::)  I want to know how about going hunting them there swampdonkeys  smiley_smug01 sling_shot
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Norm

That makes two of us. How about it SD, Marcel and I come up and you treat us to a B&B while moose hunting out back.  ;)

SwampDonkey

Last week some natives shot one from the herd, just up the road. The eagles (2) and ravens (probably 20) had the innards all eaten within 24 hrs. The wardens brought a Shepherd tracking dog and 4 wardens had a good old time on over time for 2 days. They should have just stayed home for all the good it done, plus the expense.

These moose were about 1/2 mile away. I had the camera on tripod in the driveway here and zoomed to 28x. The red bushes are along the road I shot the sledding video a couple years back. It's possible there were more than the 7 in that video because I noticed a truck stopped to watch them across the road. I shot video for about 10 minutes.

SwampDonkey

Early this morning while the light was still dim I saw some moose again down in that field.  :)

Ron Scott

~Ron

SwampDonkey

Been a couple moose lingering in the field up until this recent snow. The snow will be all melted by Monday I think. We had winter for a couple days, now it's spring time. :D

Thank You Sponsors!