iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homemade firewood wrapper - Updated 1/7/11

Started by scdaddy7269, December 11, 2010, 02:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MudBud

Nice work and nice operation!  When you finish the pre-loader take a pic as well.  I agree they should have them when you buy an expensive unit.

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

beenthere

Glad to see you have it working the way you want it to work.  :) :) 8)

Now think on that elevator a bit and see if you can get the pieces to align properly as they go up the elevator. Then after they reach the top, they slide down a chute parallel to each other and ready to fall into the pre-loader (or the wrapper).  :)  Don't stop inventing now. Keep up the good work.

Maybe soon you will just have to deliver logs to one end and haul off the wrapped bundles coming out the other end.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Don_Papenburg

A friend of mine bought a grain elevator from me . He was going to use it to load brick  up on his scafold of his house . He was tired of hauling them up on the rope pulley.  I told him to use the chute to lay them in a bed of mortar as they came up and he could finish the brick work faster. He told me I had been watching too much Donald Duck .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

scdaddy7269

Quote from: beenthere on January 07, 2011, 07:43:03 PM
Glad to see you have it working the way you want it to work.  :) :) 8)

Now think on that elevator a bit and see if you can get the pieces to align properly as they go up the elevator. Then after they reach the top, they slide down a chute parallel to each other and ready to fall into the pre-loader (or the wrapper).  :)  Don't stop inventing now. Keep up the good work.

Maybe soon you will just have to deliver logs to one end and haul off the wrapped bundles coming out the other end.

Ha, I like it. I would like to get all the wood I have split before the season starts but based on my calculations that will require me to split for at least 100 hours.

I will have to find some time.

mahonda

I have a very similar designed wrapper. The back rack spins too. My next design it's fixed to a solid shaft with the wrapping arm spinning on it with one bearing with attached pulley to drive it. Hopefully get it built this spring.
"If your lucky enough to be a logger your lucky enough!"
Burly aka Dad

CRThomas

Quote from: albirk on December 12, 2010, 05:27:40 AM
looks to me that you need to add some more braces to keep everthing from moving around looks good you have to start someplace and work forward  i think a 18" to 20" pipe split in half for the wood cradle may work better once the wood is rapped to remove it better just my 2 cent

looks good
If you can see a Hudson wrapper they have a good set up I bought one and built one from it. The only thing that moves on hudsons is the wrapper both ends are stationary. The only change I made in my were to put half circles in bottom each box my bundle would be .65 my customers don't like 1.0 it's to heavy for my women customers. I keep bring this up women by firewood bundled. Men buy beer and Guns and shop toys. Men don't care about a sexy fire in the fire place. Women do. Later

CRThomas

Quote from: Dale Hatfield on December 12, 2010, 07:06:14 PM
How about an electric motor mounted to a  rear axel
Firewood  hung on the hub ends wrap 2 bundles at a  time .
I think that would solve the flex and  mount pullys to  drive yoke.
Somebody here can come up with the best ratio.
Dale
If you can get around a Hudson wrapper of all the wrappers I like there set up to keep every thing in place I would send a picture but don't know how. It is one heavy built dude.

CRThomas

Quote from: Buck on January 07, 2011, 06:56:24 PM
Looks great!
Buck I would like to get somebody to put a picture of Hudsons wrapper it is solid your holders do not move only your your wrapper arm. I built one like there but with a electric motor but I took it off I like the hand crank better. I take mine with me to shows. People like to watch it wrap. Good selling idea. I would send a picture but don't know how. Had a customer help me wrap worked at it about 3 hours he wrapped two ranks. Later Buck

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!