iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ramsey Loader

Started by rjwoodservices, February 18, 2020, 09:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjwoodservices

Hey guys, we have been working on getting our log truck up and running. We are having some issues with the hydraulics, wondering if anyone is familiar with Ramsey loaders? She's an oldie so I'm having trouble finding any info online. 

Southside

Welcome to the Forum. Can you describe what it is or is not doing?  Can't be but so complicated of a system, looks like a direct function valve bank at the top.  I would suspect it's component built.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

snowstorm

Ramey.?.? That is old they looked just like a tree king made inskowhegan Maine. I remember seeing one with the mast broke off. They were ment to load 4ft wood. And it was when not if the swing chain would break and break the windshield

rjwoodservices

Quote from: Southside on February 18, 2020, 09:58:40 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Can you describe what it is or is not doing?  Can't be but so complicated of a system, looks like a direct function valve bank at the top.  I would suspect it's component built.  
Hey thanks for the reply. Oil isn't flowing freely out of supply tank. And the pump is cavitating. Wondering if there is a screen/filter or something in the tank? It's not easy to access so I'm thinking about feeding a wire camera down there. Just hoping someone else had torn one of these apart or could tell me what could be causing the trouble in there. 

moodnacreek

If the tank is higher than the pump, and the oil is there and not passing through and the pump is turning, well it sounds like the pump. Those old pickers break, they all do, so watch for cracks.

Thank You Sponsors!