iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newbie w/ LT-10

Started by North Pole Kid, December 20, 2010, 07:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Pole Kid

Been snooping for a while, even own a small mill, so thought I better pull the trigger and join.  Bought a used mill to saw up some three sided cabin logs with a friend out in the bush, more addicting then crack.  Ringed the trees three years ago, cut two years ago, and milled last year.  Just got a roof on before winter hit. 
Work and live in NP, just outside of Fairbanks, but have a few cabins in the bush I play at.  Like to get outside and play alot, so hunting/fishing/trapping/etc are always on the fun list.
Thinking about another mill (the LT-10 fits in a boat really good, so I will keep it) to do some projects around here. 
I really enjoy the forum, very informative, so keep up the good work!
Thanks
NPK

fishpharmer

Welcome to FF NPK!  You don't happen to work for Santa, here to see who's naughty and nice?  :D :D

It makes me cold to think about the North Pole.  Looking forward to sharing with you here.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

tyb525

Boy the LT10 owners are getting high in numbers fast!

Welcome to the forum North Pole Kid!
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, North Pole Kid.

As you have already found out, this is really a great place to hang out.

Lots of good people here and lots of info too.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Don K

Welcome to the forum. Those LT 10's are neat little mills.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Raider Bill

Welcome N.P. Kid! Might be getting up that way some summer to see you.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Welcome to the forum NorthPoleKid from a fellow LT-10 owner here in Indiana
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

WIwoodworker

Welcome to the forum North Pole Kid. I think we'd like to see a picture of your mill in a boat. That might be a first here.
Peterson 9" WPF

Thank You Sponsors!