iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-Classic Short Stack

Started by antos_ketcham, November 24, 2008, 04:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antos_ketcham

Trying an experiment. I had 12 feet of stack on my E-Classic. I was getting quite a bit of creosote build up on the upper end near the top and a little more smoke than I would like. So I took off all but the bottom 4 foot section. What a difference! I am burning cleaner and the creosote in the stack is no longer an issue. I think what it comes down to is that unlike a traditional CB which is a natural draft whereas the E-Classic is a forced draft. Apparently forced draft units do better with little to no chimney and in fact a chimney can be a liability on a forced draft unit due to the very creosote issue I was experiencing. If anyone else experiments with the short stack - let me know.

Pete

stumper

I was planning to add 4 feet to mine to bring me to 12 so that I had less smoke and sometimes flames coming out the door when I fill it with wood.

Did loosing the 4 feet make much difference?

antos_ketcham

I was having those problems with 12 feet of stack. Now that I am at 4 the problems have stopped. Cleaner burn, no creosote at top of stack, and flames less aggressive coming after me when I open the door. It is working for me - may not for others. Something you can try and always change if it doesn't work for you. Pete.

Thank You Sponsors!