iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crate wood in E-classic 2300

Started by renegadecj, December 08, 2008, 12:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegadecj

I have a crating company near my work who throws away a lot of 1x4 wood (pine) with small staples in it.  I used to burn some of it in my old OWB, but I don't know if the staples would cause any issues with the 2300.

Any ideas?  Would it work just like the old one, or should I worry about the small staples getting somewhere they shouldn't be?

antos_ketcham

Quote from: renegadecj on December 08, 2008, 12:21:53 PM
I have a crating company near my work who throws away a lot of 1x4 wood (pine) with small staples in it.  I used to burn some of it in my old OWB, but I don't know if the staples would cause any issues with the 2300.

Any ideas?  Would it work just like the old one, or should I worry about the small staples getting somewhere they shouldn't be?

Shouldn't be a problem from what I can tell. I was thinking of doing the same thing but with pallets. Pete.

chugbug

So far pallets working great in my Mahoning OWB , I think they smoke more than regular wood , not sure why?? On weekends when I'm around thats all I burn , talk about free heat !!! My furnace does have a real heavy grate system for burning coal , that probably helps , the nails fall right through.

MudBud

No problems at all. I burn chocks and other style of pallet wood with many staples and nails.  You should clean out the reaction chamber at least weekly and using a good magnet works really well. It has a tendency to build up right down the back side and pile up quickly.  I also removed both bars from the lower hole so the nails dont plug that off.

Thank You Sponsors!