iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leather Apron Milling Attire

Started by RAYAR, October 15, 2020, 12:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAYAR

For the north of the border folks on here, Princess Auto currently has the welders leather aprons on sale for $30.
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

doc henderson

It takes a real man to wear a leather welding apron, that says "Princess"  on it!   8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

frazman

Yeah, I have to get one before the sale is done. Thanks for the reminder.

randy d

I think i will pass on the leather welding apron I wore a leather cape and apron for just about 39 years . We have canvas aprons now from Idaho canvas and they work fine for us. Randy

Percy

Quote from: doc henderson on October 15, 2020, 02:06:15 PM
It takes a real man to wear a leather welding apron, that says "Princess"  on it!   8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

doc henderson

thanks @Percy ,  i think that is the most smileys i ever got!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

And, here is the least.................
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doc henderson

thanks princess Danny!   :o   :)   :D

Brad_bb

I do a lot of moving around and tool aprons or belts or anything attached to me just gets annoying and cumbersome.  It's bad enough that I have to carry my phone, wallet, Benchmade knife, keys, and a tape measure.  That is why I wear BDU pans for the pockets.  In summer though I wear shorts and can't carry all of that.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

btulloh

Just curious, Brad - why do you need a wallet while sawing?  Is that one of those pay-as-go mills you're using? ;)
HM126

kelLOGg

I'll add some smileys to Percy's reply :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Andries

I'll be picking up my Princess apron this pm.
It'll go with the rest of my outfit.

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

doc henderson

tiara?  :D  looks good, be safe!  is this all for covid, or so you are not recognized.  i am sure you can pull it off.

Bruno of NH

When building I switched to a tool vest with hammer holster and removable pocket liners.
Years ago so much better.
I also like the nice clip on bags for nails or screws when working in the shop
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

If you saw and handle southern yellow pine, the pitch is impossible to keep off your clothes, and it will ruin your clothes, thus the apron :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I replace my leather apron about every 5-6 years.  LINK

Here is the one pictured in the link above and other than being worn slick and a bit grungy, it is still in great shape.  This is my 3rd apron in 19 years of sawing and it should still have a few more years.  I don't saw without my leather apron.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!