iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homelite C-5

Started by kenskip1, April 07, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenskip1

I was helping an elderly friend with his mowers, sharpening blades, oil change ext. When it was time to go he offered to pay me. I noticed an old bar behind a few boxes and asked if I could look at it. Help yourself was his reply.I pulled down a Homelite C 5 saw. The engine was free and had good compression.
      To make it short I wound up with the saw. When I got home I pulled the spark plug. It looked fine. I turned on the switch and pulled. A hot white spark appeared. This thing may run! I filled the tank and did not spot any leaks.I put some mix into the carb and gave it a couple of pulls.
      It started then died. I closed the choke and after 3 pulls this thing roared to life. The saw had been sitting on the shelf for close to 28 years. It runs perfectly. I pulled the cover off and looked at the drive sprocket. Very minimal whear.The saw is loud and does have some normal vibration.It has a mannual oiler that works. On the decal it says, Convertable Drive, Direct drive. When it idles the chain stops.It responds well to carburator adjustments.SN1469657. Is this saw worth anything to anyone? I hope I have not over stepped my bounds here. Any replys would be welcome, Thanks Ken!!
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

kkesler

I don't guess you still have this saw around, do you? 

It would be worth something to me.

kenskip1

The Homelite C-5 is now in the capable hands of Joker. He helped me move a piano. Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

Thank You Sponsors!