iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rarotonga 2022 - LIL's POV

Started by LIL, September 05, 2022, 10:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIL

Disclaimer: Pic intensive post

After 3 tries and 2 years we finally made it.  You'll see why we love the place and keep returning. 

I notice Mr A hasn't posted many photos of himself, so I'll take care of that :)  

As he posted in his thread "OK, I passed my level 1 tropical island survival test. I can get water from a coconut. It actually takes some effort. It's a lot simpler to give a local $3 and get one with a drinking straw already inserted."  Before he could get the water from the coconut, it took a bit of work first - note the machete.  It came as a standard kitchen implement with the house :D 

Come for a walk he said, it'll be fun he said!  Yeah right, it was about this time I decided I had reached my limit.  The bonus is we made it back to the car with bodies and marriage still intact  :D  

Wouldn't be a real thread if there wasn't at least one post related to food  ::)

The kids wanted another coconut, pretty sure the neighbours didn't mind.  It helps when the tree is just the right height  :laugh:

A great family experience - note Taylor sitting next to Ian

The track 

Bonus points if you can find Taylor  ???

The aftermath  :-X A mud monster or Taylor?

Lara didn't get off lightly either 

Rarotonga provides the perfect backdrop for some beautiful family snapshots 

Ian, Lara, Taylor

Us

Ian and I had our wedding photos taken here 9 years ago

and - he's lucky I didn't push him in LOL

Ian and I relaxing together 

LIL 

Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

aigheadish

Looks like a great trip and the photos you guys have shared make me think I may want to head back to the tropics soon.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

LIL

DO IT!! :D I'm already mentally planning our next trip back  :P ???

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Thank You Sponsors!