iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

H model prentice

Started by Thompson8821, April 03, 2019, 03:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thompson8821

Does anyone know where to find the rack gear for an h model, it's 3" and 40 teeth I believe it's just the h models that will work because I have a g model and it will not. 

moodnacreek

If any one would know I think Hubler bros. in Pa.  Otherwise, have a machine shop make one.  I think they are shrunk on so the bore size has to be right.  You pack the tube with ice and 2 men heat the gear to get it off then heat new one to ? degrees and jack it on. Trusting my memory.

Thompson8821

Ok I'll check them out also I'm not talking about the bull gear or round gear the one I'm talking about is the straight one that goes in between the two opposing cylinders. And several machine shops want 1500$-2000 to make a new one, I can get a new one from a dealer for 1500$ plus freight just wanted to see if I could find a used one, it's hard for me to justify spending 1500$ on a 2500$ loader.

moodnacreek

That would be the rack.  Got to be a used one out there but so hard to find.

luap

Gear racks are available off the shelf from Motion Industries. I have no affiliation with them but have bought many things from them over the years.  You will need to know the diametral pitch and pressure angle of the gear teeth. I took a quick look and ones 3" wide were less money than you stated. The larger sizes were not in stock but available by order.

Autocar

If your teeth are just wore down and want to skip I welded one up years ago. I took 7018 rods and built them up then shaped them with my grinder . It didn't take much because the weld was shaped more like the teeth any way. 
Bill

Thompson8821

I'll check them out, also I have already welded teeth back on once. The ones I welded have stayed on, and are doing great but some others have now broke off. But I believe I finally found the whole problem all along the bottom of the turn hub has play in it letting the two gears separate and not mesh completely, now I need to figure out if there is a bearing in the bottom I know it's one in the top but I'm under the understanding there is only a bushing on the bottom if that's the case I guess I'll try to find a bushing to go in it, with that being said I'm assuming I will have to remove the bull gear and if that's the case I believe it will be time to suck it up and buy another loader, does anyone know if there is a way to get the play out of it without disassembly of the entire loader? 

Thompson8821

Well I checked out motion industries and see where they have the rack gear but this one has a stud on each end and is threaded to bolt on the gland for the cylinders on both ends so I would still have to get a machine shop to turn down and thread some to be welded on. 

Thank You Sponsors!