iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Has spring...

Started by HiTech, March 09, 2015, 09:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiTech

sprung? The temps for the week are really warm compared to what we have had. 30's and 40's coming up. January and February were rough ones for sure. Mud season can't be far away.

sawguy21

Mud will almost be a relief for you guys.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coxy

I cant wait for the mud  :D :D 8) 8)

BradMarks

Hate to say it, mid 60's here, not a drop of moisture this month, peas are ready to start climbing, asparagus showing early, some ready to pick. And I must've mowed the lawn at least five times already!

WH_Conley

I have mud knee deep. It is a pleasure.
Bill

1270d

50+ degrees today, big difference from last week when it was 20+ below.

Straightgrain

Quote from: BradMarks on March 09, 2015, 04:18:34 PM
Hate to say it, mid 60's here, not a drop of moisture this month, peas are ready to start climbing, asparagus showing early, some ready to pick. And I must've mowed the lawn at least five times already!

There is definitely going to be water-wars between the environmentalists and farmers in Eastern Oregon this year; environmentalists want to keep water flowing for river health and farmers want to hold the water to irrigate their crops.
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

ehp

50 degrees here today and water running pretty hard and we are to see even hotter tomorrow , winter cutting could be over

thecfarm

Only felt like spring here the last 2 days. I will let you know next week.  ;D We had 2 days above freezing in a row. I only said days,not nights.  :'(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Yup, started tapping yesterday. Hope for some syrup by weekend 8) .
Ed K

ST Ranch

Yup - Spring is here - 60+ F today and about 28 at night.   RH at 25% as well. Frost just out of the ground.  LONG JOHNS came off today!!!

Same problem here as in Oregon - very little moisture and plants are ahead of the season.  No snow in the mtns which means water shortages in the summer.

Supposed to be like this for a week or more,  grass fires will be the next problem, with all the freeze dried dry vegetation around.

Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

barbender

55° here today, and we're 2 miles back in a black spruce swamp. It's coming apart quick, which is why I am still sitting in the forwarder as I type this, at 10:30 p.m.
Too many irons in the fire

ehp

I moved my landing right to the hwy , log truck loads right off the road now but I think my days are numbered as its getting wet out

treeslayer2003

clww

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on March 10, 2015, 07:55:04 PM
i hear frogs
Me, too. :)
I heard them one evening last week (just before it snowed), and then I'm hearing them again tonight here at The Beach. It's been in the high 60s-low 70s here for the past few days. The last patch of snow piled up in the yard from shoveling the driveway out twice finally vanished earlier this morning. I saw a bluebird last week, too.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

pineywoods

Not yet... I see a few things pointing that way (frogs, buds, spring flowers, lots of mud) but I ain't seen the first skeeter....
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

thecfarm

Some of mine dirt driveway has appeared.   8)  Most winters it will appear and disappear 3-4-5 times a year. Last time I saw dirt was the end of january.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

treeslayer2003

Quote from: pineywoods on March 10, 2015, 08:36:54 PM
Not yet... I see a few things pointing that way (frogs, buds, spring flowers, lots of mud) but I ain't seen the first skeeter....
oh lordy, i had forgot them buggers........we will be complaining about heat before long lol

Maine logger88

Yeah me to dang it I was almost looking forward to spring lol
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Southside

High 60's here today, still snow in the woods on the north slopes, spring peepers have been chirping for a few days now..... about time.  Of course we still have plenty of mud, just like the past 6 weeks. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ryan D

Starting to feel like it here. 8c and rain today. Too bad it's calling for over a foot of snow Sunday. 😡😡😡😡

deastman

40* and some rain this morning in southern Aroostook County
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

beenthere

Quote from: Ryan D on March 11, 2015, 08:04:37 AM
Starting to feel like it here. 8c and rain today. Too bad it's calling for over a foot of snow Sunday. 😡😡😡😡

Ryan
What is the symbology of the 4 small squares at the end of your post? Just curious...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

HiTech

50's here yesterday and sunny. Got my sugar roads pretty much cleaned out. Lots of snow but it is settling fast in these temps. Wanted to start tapping but changed insurance companies for my vehicles and homeowners. It wasn't bad for the vehicles. The homeowners is something else. Got a wood stove along with a natural gas furnace. well to look at the specs the insurance co. wants I would have to put the stove in the front yard. lol I bought a Soapstone  wood stove in Woodstock. N.H. and set it up according to their specs. I am really thinking that common sense has long gone. It's book sense today not common sense. Hopefully I can start putting buckets up tomorrow. Will put the tire chains on my 4 wheeler today and get some other things done. It almost feels too warm out there after the cold winter we had. lol

Stephen Alford

Got above zero today, and that was a first for quite some time.  I think we got around 386cm of snow this winter, and its not over yet.  When I park the trailer and tractor I usually disconnect and leave 10-15' between.  Silly me I should have realized that with 60 acres the skidoos would have to travel between them.                                     

Really nice day all in all though. This little guy seemed to enjoy the sun as well.

logon

Thank You Sponsors!