iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Insurance. what to buy, what not to buy.

Started by Dave989, February 22, 2017, 09:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave989

Looking for advice on INSURANCE. Such as liability. Mill replacement. And possibly having part time employees.
Check out our Facebook page Timber Beast Sawmilling.
Dave and Hannah

WV Sawmiller

Dave,

Do a quick search here on Insurance and read the old threads. Lots out there. If you want insurance on the mill ask for Inland Marine. Don't assume your auto insurance covers your mill while being towed - some do, some don't. Ask your agent.

I keep liability and self insure for the property because I thought the expense was not worth the coverage and I could afford to repair or replace the mill if worst case occurred but I could not afford a half million dollar medical lawsuit. Plus I do mobile sawing and some customers require proof of liability insurance to work on their site. I don't have employees but the liability covers my customer if he gets sawdust in his eye or such while we are sawing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!