iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stumpage Value

Started by Kedwards, August 11, 2005, 04:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kedwards

Howdy..

I am estimating the stumpage value for a stand of walnut timber(30-40 trees) to buy and wondering what range of prices southern timber buyers are currently paying for veneer, prime and 1,2,3 grade sawlogs.  I generally dont buy timber but I particularly wanted some of the larger logs for slabbing and will sell the rest.  I found the missouri report, nebraska report etc, but NOTHING in the Virginia, North Carolina, South carolina area. The range I found for those reports were for spring of this year and 510 -535 for sawlogs and 1650-1670 for veneer logs (on Average) I was estimating between 410-650 for all would be reasonable. Any feedback would be appreciated.
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

SwampDonkey

For Veneer grade in this kneck of the woods it's 50/50 of mill delivered price and $80-250/thousand on sawlogs. We don't have walnut this far north, except butternut.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

David_c

Heres a good website to check out they have lots of differant links to all info you might need.

http://timbersource.com

Thank You Sponsors!