iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Georgia v Alabama

Started by Raider Bill, January 10, 2022, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Looking forward to a good game tonight
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

BradMarks

I'll tune in. Root for the Bulldogs I guess. Bama has had too much success for the good of football, but not for Bama fans.  :o

YellowHammer

Bama is beat up, playing walk on reserves last game, and the underdog.  So I'm for BAMA!   Roll Tide!

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDH

I picked Georgia out of alumnic loyalty, but Alabama is better overall and would win the majority of the time if they played 100 times.   Alabama is better offensively and they have a better defensive backfield so they should win.  But, I hope they screw it up.  The best team does not always win  :).  

Alabama is never the underdog.  They have the very best players in the Country, scores of them, and superlative coaching.  Don't need to hear no Alabama poor mouthing.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SawyerTed

I will watch just like I watch NASCAR, just to see the wrecks. 😂 

Seriously, I'd like to see a competitive game. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Tom King

Normally, I don't mind putting a bet on something, but I wouldn't bet on one team over the other tonight.

I earned greater respect for Nick Saban at their last game, when he told his boys to watch their manners that game because chances were they'd play this same team again.

bags

I wont get the game up here in the mountains since I just have an open air antenna.

I will say----> Roll Tide.

dgdrls

Gotta go Georgia,  they have a better mascot :)

D

beenthere

Like so many sports games, I will keep track of the score and may tune in to watch the final 1-2 minutes if the score is close. 
Don't have to listen to the commentators hype by turning the sound off. And skip the commercials too. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Southside

Quote from: WDH on January 10, 2022, 04:09:40 PM
I picked Georgia out of alumnic loyalty, but Alabama is better overall and would win the majority of the time if they played 100 times.   Alabama is better offensively and they have a better defensive backfield so they should win.  But, I hope they screw it up.  The best team does not always win  :).  

Alabama is never the underdog.  They have the very best players in the Country, scores of them, and superlative coaching.  Don't need to hear no Alabama poor mouthing.  
Danny - does Robert have some incriminating photos of you and the "Tree Smoother" or something?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

9-6 at the half on five field goals, not very inspiring.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: sawguy21 on January 10, 2022, 09:56:53 PM
9-6 at the half on five field goals, not very inspiring.
Sorry SG but I think watching a couple of great defense teams is just as exciting as watching lots of scores being made. 

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

pigman

I think I will wait until midnight before I vote.  ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

YellowHammer

Good game.  Ga never let up, our young offensive players couldn't hang, and it's in the books.  DanG!

Very impressed with Ga quarterback.  Congratulations to them.  

Tomorrow's a good time to start working for next year.  

Roll Tide!  
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

samandothers

WV Sawmiller

FWIW - I was the first one on this survey to predict Ga.! Congrats Danny. Sorry 'bout that Robert.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

btulloh

Good game. 

The scary things is that this is really a rebuilding year for Alabama. 

HM126

Cedarman

I remember 3 things from this game.  A forward pass that was a fumble, a fumble that was a forward pass. And a player catching a ball for a fumble recovery that through no fault of his own had his foot a 1/4" inside the field of play giving Al the ball.  Fun game though.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Raider Bill

and there you have it!
i live in  divided house so it got loud here last night in the second half.

fishpharmer

I am happy Georgia won! They played a scrappy game.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SawyerTed

At the half with a score of 9 to 6, I went to bed.  Once I looked at the score this morning, I had to watch the ESPN early morning edited second half.  Georgia was able to overcome some of their own errors and they capitalized on Alabama's errors. Some interference calls on Alabama sure didn't help their efforts. Georgia had the stamina to push Alabama long enough that the Bulldogs came out on top.  The score didn't show how well matched the two teams were.  On the coaching side I believe the student taught his mentor that he has graduated to the big time.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Sixacresand

The players from both teams took a beating.  In the beginning, Al dominated, IMO. Never seen such powerful goal defense on both sides. Rooting for GA and glad they won.  It could have went either way. Really admire Nick Sabin and Kirby Smart for what they do.  Go SEC
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

Yes.   On December 22.   Army beat Missouri.  

petefrom bearswamp

Fell asleep with the score 'Dogs 13 'Bama 9.
Always seems to happen to me that I miss the exciting parts.
Commentators seemed to think Georgia def line was gassed at one point.
Being from the glaciated north I dont have many teams to root for in this contest, so I pick the easternmost and northernmost team to root for.
Cant deny that the SEC always fields good, sometimes great teams.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

BradMarks

I too found out the score this morning. 9-6, bottom of the eighth, and the lights went out! Well, mine did. Best takeaway for me is the Defensive Coordinator for Georgia is now our head coach!  Go Ducks!

Raider Bill

i've been a bama fan since forest gump played there.

WDH

They are a great team to be a fan of if you are the type that likes to be spoiled.  

kantuckid

It was somewhat of a logical football outcome as defense wins football games and GA had that factor-they've got a great defense and enough offense. I watched the first half only as past my BT & not my teams. In a minor way I was rooting for the under"dog", :Dmeaning the dogs.  
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

YellowHammer

The biggest issue I saw was that Saban had not put enough season minutes into the second and third wide string receivers and defensive pass coverage during the season, because they were in the game, and were dropping passes, and we just couldn't finish the last quarter.  There were freshman playing against a veteran Ga team.  So when Bama lost the second of their 1,000 yard wide receivers when he dislocated his knee, the game changed dramatically.  Just like Kirby Smart, Ga, head coach said, the game fundamentally changed at that point, and he's good enough to recognize and take advantage of it.  After all, he did work for Saban for a number of years.  One of Bama's wide receivers had only played in 2 games during the season, and the time to get minutes in wasn't this game.  That was evident when passes were being over or under thrown, our QB didn't instinctually have their timing down pat, and the Ga defensive rush was outstanding.  Once we were out of our star receivers, Kirby was able to reinforce the D line, going to single coverage and blitz after blitz, and it was crushing at that point.  

Main thing is both teams played 100% and Ga won, and Bama will have a chip the size of a pickup truck on their shoulder next season.  Saban is already making phone calls, recruiting to fill the voids, and all we can do is say good game and look forward to next season.

It was a good game and ROLL TIDE!

YellowHammerisms:

WV Sawmiller

My thoughts going into this game was that Ga had consistently been a tough team all season and Ala had been up and down and occasionally slacked off (Example Texas A&M). Even in the Iron Bowl they did not look great IMHO and I still think the fact our quarterback got hurt there allowed them to finally prevail after 4 tries in overtime. I think Ga's consistency paid off and they just wore Ala down.

I don't agree with the fumble ruling from what I saw but do think it was funny the way the Ala player sort of accidentally recovered it. If he'd really thought it was a fumble he'd have run for the goal instead of stepping on out of bounds. I did enjoy the game.
Howard Green

WDH

That "fumble" was a pivotable call and just served to PO Georgia.  

kantuckid

Regarding freshman playing, most of the SEC relies on them to start in football & basketball, other sports, not something unique at all nor an excuse for a teams performance level. 
I used to work with a guy in KY vo-tech school who sat on the bench at Auburn-he was 3rd or 4th string his entire 4yrs there. It seemed crazy to me but he said it was his choice to be a part of that team not choosing to play more elsewhere. Bennett was similar and a QB on practice squad who stayed the course and blossomed into the guy who won it all. Neat story he is! 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Texas Ranger

Quote from: WDH on January 11, 2022, 09:18:02 AM
Yes.   On December 22.   Army beat Missouri.  
They played?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

Thank You Sponsors!