iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now it's my turn, teak sawmillshed, lol

Started by teakwood, August 09, 2020, 09:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longtime lurker

Quote from: teakwood on August 10, 2020, 06:22:40 PM
Quote from: farmfromkansas on August 09, 2020, 11:21:51 AM
Amazing straight logs you have there.  Do you use glue in the joints as well as pegs?
neee, as i will oil the parts completely disassembled with 2 coats of linseed oil the glue would not hold. i probably put a little glue on the pegs so they wont loosen in dry season
ahhh there's a trick there....
Use green wood for your framing but dry seasoned/KD for your dowels. That way as the framing shrinks during drying it tightens up on the dowels which are already dry and they wont ever come lose. It also means you can have your dowels sized to fit the holes neatly without needing to pound them in which can cause splitting
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Hilltop366

Nice looking frame. 

For your excavator I have had the key switch causing the issue of run while cranking but not in the run position on my tractor. You may want to confirm it is not the switch before ordering a new solenoid if you haven't done so already

K-Guy

It's a good thing my wife doesn't see this site. She would want a teak pergola for our deck. Nice looking wood!!
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

teakwood

Quote from: Hilltop366 on September 01, 2020, 08:42:52 AM
Nice looking frame.

For your excavator I have had the key switch causing the issue of run while cranking but not in the run position on my tractor. You may want to confirm it is not the switch before ordering a new solenoid if you haven't done so already
Yeah, i thought of that, but i have current at the coil on both cables, push and hold cable, but the coil just works in the push position. engine starts and when you release the key from the starter position back to work position it shuts off immediately 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

teakwood

Another hard and very hot day, it's really no fun putting tin up at 11am when the sun burns strait down. But the shed is finished and i'm happy. just some details are missing, like the roof water drain channel (whats the word in English?) , even the ground, move the sawmill  and bring the current cable in from the other building

doc henderson

guttering.  looks great!  or eve troughs.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

trimguy

The  excavator bucket makes it look small. None the less, I have sawmill she'd envy.😁

trimguy

doc henderson

@teakwood it is nice that your teenage daughters are willing to have their pictures taken with you!   8) :D :) :o
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: K-Guy on September 01, 2020, 09:16:29 AM

It's a good thing my wife doesn't see this site. She would want a teak pergola for our deck. Nice looking wood!!
I am going to start recommending teak to callers wanting me to saw out pergolas from maple and hickory. 
And send them a link to this thread.  :D :D :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

teakwood

Quote from: doc henderson on September 01, 2020, 09:53:52 PM
@teakwood it is nice that your teenage daughters are willing to have their pictures taken with you!   8) :D :) :o
those 2 girls are about 5 years younger than me! 

teakwood

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on September 02, 2020, 06:11:00 AM
Quote from: K-Guy on September 01, 2020, 09:16:29 AM

I am going to start recommending teak to callers wanting me to saw out pergolas from maple and hickory.
And send them a link to this thread.  :D :D :D
Of course, just make sure you have a complete order for a full container

mike_belben

Beautiful work ramon.  

The english word "gutter" has a dual meaning.. Its the tin trough that directs rain off houses, and its also where lowlifes hang out.  The slummy parts of town or your brain where the trash trickles down to. 

Praise The Lord

doc henderson

I figured as much.  8) nice work on the shed roof.

Hilltop366

Quote from: teakwood on September 01, 2020, 07:55:29 PM
Nice looking frame.

Yeah, i thought of that, but i have current at the coil on both cables, push and hold cable, but the coil just works in the push position. engine starts and when you release the key from the starter position back to work position it shuts off immediately
You are probably right, there is one more step in the diagnosis to confirm, if checking with a volt meter voltage does not always mean amperage the last step would be to run power direct to the run solenoid to see if it opens as well as checking for good ground. If checking with a test light the light will be dimmer than the other wire.

Durf700

very nice work!  thats gotta take some time for sure!

samandothers

Great looking shed even without gutters!   

teakwood

Getting to the finish line, decided to extend the concrete floor at least till the sawmill.

10min after finishing the gutters it started pouring rain
had a little water ooopsy

she's in her new home

did some water channels, on the left side of the structure

and some drainage work

mike_belben

Quote from: Hilltop366 on September 02, 2020, 12:18:11 PM
Quote from: teakwood on September 01, 2020, 07:55:29 PM
Nice looking frame.

You are probably right, there is one more step in the diagnosis to confirm, if checking with a volt meter voltage does not always mean amperage the last step would be to run power direct to the run solenoid to see if it opens as well as checking for good ground. If checking with a test light the light will be dimmer than the other wire.
An old hella or KC daylighter type offroad light makes a perfect load tester for troubleshooting wires and connections, to be sure youve got the volts and the amps.  
Youve been workin too hard ramon.  Looks great!
Praise The Lord

TroyC

Nice shed! I'm looking to make one like it. 
The green pole, permanent or for construction? I'm still debating how big to make beams where your green support pole is. 

teakwood

The green support poles are temporary, the beams are 8x6" and they are still green, so i'm afraid the will dry out and sag down under the weight, so the support poles. after they dry i will remove them 

I would a loved having 6x10" but the log wasn't big enough. remember we don't have snow loads, just the roofs own weight and some wind loads

TroyC

Thanks for the info! Hope they dry straight and true!

teakwood

almost finished with the infeed system, roller table rail system, manually operated though.

today i start with the floor

Old Greenhorn

Hey Teakwood, is it my eyes or do you have the middle two sections of rollers on upside down? I am assuming this is just for 'fit up', or do you have something devious in mind?  ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

teakwood

good eye OG. it's something devious.

Well, the theory is that with the roller tables up side down they have a little wall on the sides, like 2", so the logs won't fall off when i send them down the line. the last table can't have the walls because i need to roll the logs into the infeed rails. the first table, which is outside already had those steel legs on, so i'm not sure if i leave them or install them on the opposite side. 
still working on the outside infeed beams which will hold the whole tree length up in the air, out of the dirt and where i can buck the log in shortwood comftably, and then roll them sideways onto the roller tables. it's still a mess, needs some more finesse

did one pour today, 3 to go

Thank You Sponsors!