iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Doors are hung!

Started by brdmkr, May 30, 2007, 09:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

I went with 10" T hinges top and bottom and 6" straps in the middle.  The doors latch on the inside at the top and middle (gotta bum or buy a hmmaer drill to latch at the bottom).  All in all, I am pretty pleased with the results.  I used a couple of 8" lag bolts on each T hinge with 4 inchers everywhere else.  It seems pretty sturdy.  I guess I should provide a tool review on the Ryobi impact driver.  It flat sunk those big lag bolts! 

I just previewed this and the doors look like shutters!!!!!  Really, they are 81" tall and each is 53" wide.  I promise!!!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

SAW MILLER

You done a real good job on them doors.Mine are the same size but yers are perrtier :D
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

WDH

If you back away and look at the doors holisitcally, the diamond shape is very visually appealing ;D.  I really like them :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

8) 8) They do look good. I wonder if they would be a little more secure with the battens on the outside. Might keep the low balls from kicking them in. Just a thought.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tcsmpsi

That would be some mighty narrow siding if they were shutters, brdmkr.   ;D

They look just as good as I knew they wood would. 

Trees and Man have certainly built a distinctive relationship.

I could ship you one of my manual 'hammer drills' as a lender.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

brdmkr

Quote from: tcsmpsi on May 31, 2007, 07:32:31 AM

I suppose you are correct on that one :D

That would be great.  Would you mind coming along to show me how to run it?  :)
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

thurlow

They look really good............too good for a shop;  maybe you're planning on a bathroom, TV, easy chair, etc?

I'm trying to look at 'em holisitcally, but can't get my eyes squenched up just right. :)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

tcsmpsi

Quote from: brdmkr on May 31, 2007, 10:19:00 AM

I suppose you are correct on that one :D

That would be great.  Would you mind coming along to show me how to run it?  :)

No sir.  I wouldn't mind coming and run it for you.  No sir.  Not at all.  You might, possibly, want that secured before I find the time to stretch that far in that direction, however.   ;)

thurlow,

What you do, is get two images of it (generally, in crossing one's eyes), acknowledge the space in the middle, then glance at the image on the right.    ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

thurlow

Got it!   Would never have figured it out on my own.  I'm getting kind of a hologram  ;D effect;  is that what's supposed to happen or have I gone off in a whole 'nother direction?  ::)

And another thing; my dear departed Mama tole me that my eyes would "stick" if I did that; any danger in that?
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

tcsmpsi

Well...now...there is always that which resides in that space in the middle, which does have a tendency to be...compelling.   ;D

All I know is, mine ain't stuck yet.   I don't think.  No one's mentioned it anyhow. 

Weekend_Sawyer

Real nece looking doors.
My barn doors are 5' wide by 9' tall each and getting LOOSE. I might copy your design.

I find that if I look at things crosseydedly too long it gives me a headache.
used to love those pictures that you couldn't see anything but seemingly random colors until you focused passed the picture.

Jojnon

(if you look cross eyed at my name spelled this way, just for a second it comes out
spelled Jon)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WDH

Next thing you know, we will be seeing the secrets of the universe in those doors :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

brdmkr

Watch out WDH, you may clue everyone into the treasure map. ;D

TexasTimbers

Very Feng Shui! ;D

Nice job, breadmaker. ;)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

DanG

Don't listen to Kevjay, Mike.  He's off his medication. :o ::) :D

That's as fine a set of barn doors as I've seen in quite some time.  In fact, the whole DanG barn look's great!  I gotta get up there and take a look for myself! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

(Yeah, DanG, and you might learn the secret to the Universe if you stand back a little bit and cross your eyes and look into the middle dimension as Tcsmpsi does ;D).

DanG

I think I'll try to resist that temptation, Danny.  Doin' stuff like that will make ya start spelling yer name funny, and things like that.  Besides, I've never had much luck trying to cross my eyes at Will.  Every time I try, Will moves out of the way in two different directions, and I can't figger out which one I'm tryin' to look at.  It's awfully confusing. ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

Well, here is one thing that might help you.  As you stand there looking at those doors, BreadMaker will provide you with culinary delights of bread, tarts, and scones so that you have the Will to see deep into the cosmos :).

DanG

I think I'll try to think of them as just doors...really nice doors.  I ain't never had the slightest urge to look very deeply at anybody named Cosmo. ::)

WDH

They are really nice doors..........  :).

brdmkr

Quote from: DanG on May 31, 2007, 10:50:46 PM
That's as fine a set of barn doors as I've seen in quite some time.  In fact, the whole DanG barn look's great!  I gotta get up there and take a look for myself! ;D

You are welcome to come look in person... BUT, the flaws are pretty evident up close ;).

TexasTimbers

Well unfoirtunately DanG I am back on it again so I can't offer any pearls of wisdom at the present moment. However, if you need any clarification on any serious cosmic issues you can make an appointment and I'll skip a pill or two and analyze things for you with a "clear head".  ;D :)

DanG

Thanks Kev.  That's awfully generous of you, but I feel pretty well supported in that department right now. :)  If I can't cogitate out a problem, I can get WDH to holistically meditate about it.  If that don't work, Tcsmpsi can just look at it cross-eyed and it will clear right up for him. ;D 8) 8)

WDH

Just think, two doors in Georgia caused all these problems ;).

TexasTimbers

Quote from: WDH on June 01, 2007, 11:59:27 AM
Just think, two doors in Georgia caused all these problems ;).

Problumss? Problumss? We ain't got no steenking problumss amigo! We are one, big, multi-part solution awainting life's next challenge! 8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!