iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pig in the Poke.....AGAIN

Started by Magicman, October 10, 2015, 11:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Even though it is still hot here, this morning I decided to wheelbarrow some firewood up from the shed.  I turned and WHAT?? 

This Pot Bellied thing was grunting at me.   Free bacon.  It turns out that our "down the street" neighbor had posted on facebook last week about her pig going missing.  They had recaptured it, but obviously there was still a "hole in the fence".   ;D

All is well except I lost half of tomorrow morning's breakfast.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

A travelling salesman of agricultural machinery was on a three week tour through the hinterlands of Mississippi and was visiting one particular farmer. He was standing, alongside of the farmer, leaning on the corral rail - as he always did before pitching "the new line of tractors" - and looking at all of the farm animals in the barnyard. Seeing one particular pig, he said: "Say, that sure is a fine hog, but, you know, I have never seen a pig with one wooden leg before." The farmer said: "You see, that there pig is one valuable animal, I can tell you. That there hog saved my life three times."

"The first time was about a month ago. My wife fried potatoes for supper, just the way I like them, and left the frying pan on the stove. About midnight or so, the pig must have smelled the smoke, but be broke out of his pen, butted the house door open with his snout, woke us up and we got out of the house just in time."

"And it wasn't but two weeks later and I was mowing on the back forty and I tipped the tractor over and it pinned me under the rear wheel. Gas was leaking out of the tank onto the hot manifold and that pig must have heard me yelling, because he broke out again, ran up to me, saw what had happened, ran to the neighbor, got help and the neighbor came with his tractor and pulled me free."

"And just last week, I was leading the old dairy bull out to pasture, and he raised up and pulled the ring out of his nose and, quick as two shakes of a dog's tail, he knocked me down. He jumped on me and straddled me with his horns and was about to gore me, when the old pig heard what was going on, broke out again, ran up, got a firm hold on the old bull's tail and I got away."

Having heard the explanation, the salesman said: "All well and good, but that doesn't explain why that hog has got a wooden leg." The farmer replied: "Well, in a way, it does. A pig like this is way too valuable to eat all at one time".
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Well DanG.  I coulda whittled out a peg leg for this one.  I could have still had breakfast and da lady could have gotten her pig back.    food6  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Everybody needs a cute pig laying on the porch.  Glad I'm not everybody.   :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Did you push or pull the wheel barrow Magic?  ;D

Good story Jeff.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

21incher

That pig was lucky you found it or it found you. I started moving firewood up to my house today also and all I found were 4 baby mice in a nest that were to small for the grill. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 10, 2015, 04:22:55 PM
Did you push or pull the wheel barrow Magic?
Actually I did try pulling the empty wheel barrow and it did not work for me.  Just ain't right.   :-\

coxy

not much bacon there  :D  you must be one of them there good neighbors they talk about  ;D I hope you don't take them to court cause there pig was on your land  :)

MikeZ

MM: You might want to think twice before you wipe your nose with that glove! :o
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

r.man

All that pig lacked was an apple. Maybe a small apple.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

starmac

Several years ago a rancher lady I know, that has owned a pretty good size ranch for lots of years brought a pot bellied pig to my shop and ask if I knew what the thing was. lol
One of her bulls was playing with it, by hooking a horn under it and throwing it in the air, way up in the air, so she rescued it thinking at first it must have been a javalena. lol
She penned it and we later heard of a neighbor several miles away that had lost it. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Magicman on October 10, 2015, 05:43:31 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 10, 2015, 04:22:55 PM
Did you push or pull the wheel barrow Magic?
Actually I did try pulling the empty wheel barrow and it did not work for me.  Just ain't right.   :-\

x2   i hang my heels on the cross brace between the legs under handles :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

tree-farmer

Ham and eggs.....Chickens were involved, Pigs were committed.  ;D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Magicman

This porky had crossed a creek and traveled about ½ mile.

thecfarm

½ mile? Must of heard there was a nice neighbor across the creek.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

davidlarson

Jeff - I love a shaggy dog story.  I read somewhere that a variant of that story was Ronald Reagan's favorite joke.
David L.

Magicman

Yup, da Porker came back this morning.  I was unloaded the cant hook, etc. from the truck to finish sawing the Red Oak logs at my next door neighbors when I heard that grunting behind me.  Surely not, but yup, there it was.

I finally grabbed a front leg and put it into one of the flea market crates, but not before the other front leg did a number on my hand.  Pig hoofs are sharp!!  Surely messed up my morning.   :-\

beenthere

Oh Oh!! here comes another pic..   ;D 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

I thought about it, but there are some things that just don't need pictures.  I could substitute the "toes" picture if that would be OK.   :D

Magicman

I may have rooted (pun intended) out the truth in this pig situation.  I learned that they were keeping it on the back screened in porch.  I went and talked with the pig's owner to tell her that I had captured it.  She said, "oh it is out again"?  She was sitting on the back porch, so of course she knew that it was out.  She asked if I wanted it and that she had been trying to give it away.  It is still outside in the crate.  If she does not come and get it, the crate might get "knocked over" in the morning.  Da pig has to go.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

That is certainly my suggested option.   ;D

beenthere

A good side dish to your chicken crispins.  Maybe piggy chitlins...  ;D
south central Wisconsin

PC-Urban-Sawyer

MM, are you sure that pig isn't Arnold Ziffel from Green Acres?

Magicman

Could be, but his name is "Bacon".  No joke, that is his name. 

The neighbor came and got it last night...again.  Hopefully this time it's gone, but no matter because if it comes back I will do nothing.   ::)

Thank You Sponsors!