iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free At Home Covid Tests

Started by 21incher, January 20, 2022, 07:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Order your  free at home covid rapid tests at the COVIDtests.gov site that recently was setup. Not sure if everyone has seen this advertised  but the post office is distributing covid tests. Each household can get 4 rapid tests delivered at no cost. 
Being infected  with covid and trying to find the tests or a place to be tested  is no fun so I just requested a pack and it was easy. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

Actually the website went live Tuesday.  I got a text from a friend telling me to get my test kit.  I was positive the website wouldn't work or would be so slow that it would take forever.  With hesitation, I went to it, and couldn't believe I got it ordered in about a minute. 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ed_K

I got a message from the V.A. to order the test, it only took a minute or so to get ordered.
Ed K

mike_belben

I have deleted this post to keep the thread on track. 
Praise The Lord

Jeff

I will not allow this topic to turn into another covid mishmash Telling you all now to keep this one on topic.

Old Greenhorn

Many Thanks to 21Incher for this thread, every bit a public service announcement and was news to me. I ordered as soon as I read this. No telling when they will ship, but I got on the list. Having spent the day yesterday thinking it was coming on and just being miserable and tired it would have been great to have a test here in the house and see what might be gong on.

Mike, I am sorry for your experience and conclusions. I too had a bunch of what you are calling NBC and is now called CBRNE training and I prefer to use the tests, even given it's level of accuracy. Knowledge is power from my point of view, but I won't debate this. As an ironic and humorous note, if you go to to the FEMA website for CBRNE training you are greeted by a pop up window that says nobody can attend any of their CBRNE facility classes without having the COVID vaccine. That just struck me as funny. :D I don't know why.

Jeff, thanks for keeping it on the straight and narrow here. I am growing weary of some of the other stuff I read in 'those threads' and consequently have stopped paying attention. That's why this little thread was so very helpful and timely.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Currently can't get them here unless with symptoms. I think a temporary measure because of supply.  Awhile back you could just go get them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

peakbagger

I ordered mine early. The press has mentioned that there are or were glitches with apartments sharing the same address. 

Our state, NH, sent out free kits but they require a webcam and internet connection to monitor the test and then it needs to be sent in. The US government tests are rapid antigen tests, results in 30 minutes. Not sure which is ultimately more accurate but if I sick at home I want results sooner than later. 

trapper

Thanks for starting this thread.  Just ordered
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

21incher

I figured not everyone would know this had started. I had no idea this program existed. My wife still uses Facebook and saw a post on there that made us aware of it.  Guess I don't watch enough TV news anymore. Hopefully they will help stop the spread. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

JJ

Has anyone actually received the tests?
I ordered them Jan 21, received confirmation email stating I would receive a tracking # once the tests ship, but nothing since. 

No tracking #, no tests. 

JJ

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Probably hit a supply issue like up this way.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

Haven't gotten mine yet, no tracking info either. USPS has no way to check on the order so I am guessing they weren't prepared to properly handle this distribution.  

Nebraska

On the shelves  around here again.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: JJ on February 08, 2022, 08:57:32 AMHas anyone actually received the tests?
I ordered mine on the evening of the 18th.  Was supposed to be delivered by the 30th.   Then got a text it was moved up to the 28th and then it arrived on the 26th.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Larry

Got a email with tracking number this morning from USPS. Delivery Monday February 14. 
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

TroyC

Mine were delivered USPS day before yesterday.

RichTired

I ordered mine on-line the first day or so they were available and they were delivered on Feb 3.
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

doctorb

I'm like Sgt. Schultz.  "I see nothing.....nothing"
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Magicman

I also got my USPS shipping notice and tracking number this morning.  It will be delivered on the 14th.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!