iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Credit Cards 2022

Started by stavebuyer, May 19, 2022, 07:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

You are right. I'm sure they have a low fee, but I bet they pass the whole fee on to the customer anyway.  It wouldn't surprise me if they pass on even more than that, stuff I don't even know is affecting me.  

When we had a "real" card merchant account where we could see each card and fee, it was interesting that the lowest fee was charged to us was from cards issued to the people with the worst credit rating.  Kids, teenagers, etc couldn't get points back on their cards, didn't use World cards, didn't use company cards, and the credit card fees charged to us was less than a 60 year old guy with a company card getting points back.  So fees varied from, 1.25% to 7% based on the card type, the bank guarantee issuing the card, the user, etc.  It was pretty interesting to see how it all worked.  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

kantuckid

In my small burg we have a Family Dollar and a Dollar General along with a small IGA grocery store. The IGA is the only full grocery here and tends to be high priced but well run. Dollar stores have been a truly great thing for eastern KY and many other rural areas!
 Low income folks often seen doing much of there basic needs in one given the reality of a 50 miles plus RT. Family Dollar has a major warehouse not far from me. They are spaced about 15 miles apart as it seems. Currently I'm driving 24 miles one way to a sawmill in an area even more rural than mine. There is one tiny convenience store with no gas in that burg 2 miles from the sawmill, no other businesses. I pass directly by or a couple miles from 4 dollar stores going to the sawmill guys farm. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Al_Smith

I don't know if it's still practiced but at one time they attempted to solicit credit cards under the guise of some fraternal organizations, unions etc .People without looking at the terms got one ,or ten for that matter Those often charged interest from the purchase date not monthly billing date .They were in essence a scam .They got paid in two ways ,by the purchaser and the seller . Remember they are a business for profit .BTW I never carry a balance .

SwampDonkey

I can't even get decent gloves in local stores now, they don't keep up with stock. They carry the brand, but if they have not the size, might as well not bother. Have to order online. Same thing happened with work clothes. They started making old reliable brands in Asian and the sizes are small and tight fitting. So I switched to Canadian//SA made that fit. The local gas bar, that closed 5 years ago, had all kinds of gloves for a working man/woman. Now it's gone, and can't even get gas in town. Retired. Then the owner died not long after and he was 65, bad heart. A lot of old businesses close because of retirement. Those stores I mentioned earlier were top rate, never heard a negative thing about them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WV Sawmiller

I get decent service out of the cheap cloth with leather palm work gloves from HF and recently found Blue Mountain brand canvas work pants from TSC that seem to be working well and only about $15/pr.

I think there will always be a market for high end tools and equipment and other products for professionals but inexpensive decent items will always sell to the laymen.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

kantuckid

Speaking of gloves and dollar stores, etc., I bought several pairs of the knit plastic "dot gloves" at a Goodwill store in FL last winter. I like them for handling lumber and these were cheaper than bulk web buys and the better version that has dots on both sides. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Al_Smith

The last gloves I bought either from TSC or Farm and Field .Pig skin leather ,around 7 -8 bucks a pair  .Pig skin is a little tough at  first but once they are worn a bit they loosen right up .I never wore gloves for years but found  out at my age my hands are not hoof hard as they used to be .

Thank You Sponsors!