iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Covid

Started by Bruno of NH, May 20, 2022, 01:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I got the covid
Sheila's plant she works at was full of it. She got it.
Then I lost my voice , sore throat, chills and run down bad.
I have had all my shots .
Taking it day by day.
I'm a poster boy for all the things you shouldn't have when you get it.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ianab

We haven't caught it here yet, but are starting to feel in the minority  :-\

Between the 4 of us going to 2 schools, a Kindy and work, all with cases, I can't see how we haven't been exposed. Taylor had 4 classmates test positive at school last week after feeling unwell in class, and Lil is the only one from her team that hasn't tested positive yet, 

Now you worry about a random sneeze  :D Did the vaccine actually work? Have we had it and didn't know? Will we catch it next week? ??? 

Going into Winter here, which is naturally "virus season" the Covid hadn't died down as much as we hoped, but most cases aren't serious and everything is open like normal.  
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

I am sorry to read about that Jim.  Hopefully the latest treatments will be successful with you and you can skim by with minimal woes.  Please keep us updated.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

It's a scary thing to have when the cards are stacked against you.
I hope all goes well for you.
Shelia too!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Sorry to hear this, you'll have to take it easy for a few days an get your energy back up. I'm scared of getting the covid with not having any immunities, in fact today I'm going to the VA medical to get my 2nd booster shot. My primary VA doctor wants to start giving me primary shots to build up the ones I lost when I got a stem cell transplant.

Hope you and Shelia get better soon.
Ed K

Don P

Take it easy. The director at work is getting over her third round with it. We made her go home yesterday, sounded horrible and easily winded, not ready for work yet. Keep an eye on yourself.

B.C.C. Lapp

Bruno get a lot of rest and don't try to do much at all. Thats where I went wrong.

My mom lives in an assisted living place and all the residents there are vaccinated and all have their booster.   Same with the staff. And here this week I got a call from the nurse there telling me they have several people with covid.   How can that be?   These shots don't amount to much.  
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

barbender

Do what you have to, to get better Bruno! Praying for you!
Too many irons in the fire

Jim_Rogers

My thoughts and prayer are for you and your wife.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bruno of NH

I'm too busy for this lots of sawing orders
30 more garden beds to build with orders still coming in
New sharpener and setter to learn
Market place find heavy duty planer to set up 
And sawmill shed to build
I have had 3 covid shots
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Bruno of NH on May 20, 2022, 06:34:56 PM
I'm too busy for this lots of sawing orders
30 more garden beds to build with orders still coming in
New sharpener and setter to learn
Market place find heavy duty planer to set up
And sawmill shed to build
I have had 3 covid shots
Yeah, see, there is the issue. Bruno I had the exact same problem for many decades when I was 'working' and believe me I get it, oh boy do I get it. BUT after I retired and could just let whatever it was that afflicted me run it's course, well THAT was when I realized that my actual 'down time' was a lot less then if I 'toughed it out'. Turned out I would take several weeks to get back in it if I tried to work through it, then if I just laid back and got the rest I needed.
 You will do what you have to do, I get it, but try really hard to just lay around and moan, rather than try to make product.
 I've had 3 covid shots too, but I don't expect that to buy me anything but perhaps keep me from dying from it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Ricker

I had Covid month-5 weeks ago. I am a pretty big boy, been smoking Marlboroughs for 40 years. Poster child for big problems related to Covid. But I had 3 shots.  I got a runny nose and felt really tired, so I tested and yup positive.  All I did was put the vitamin c to me constantly and took a 3 day break from doing anything at all expect run the tv remote. After the 3 days I was good to go, and I think I just used it as an excuse for day 3. Sit back, rest and don't run down your energy and system.

21incher

Praying for you. I have been sick since  my second  Pfizer shot and it's no fun. Then got covid and bells Palsey that made things worse.  Now my doc says long covid and an autoimmune issue that seemed  to start after  the second  jab are my problem.  
Take care of yourself because it's a nasty  disease. Your doctor  should be able to treat  you with  an antiviral for a fast recovery. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

Just when I think I'm feeling good
I get hit with a new symptom and back to the sickness. 

Ianab

Quote from: Bruno of NH on May 21, 2022, 04:18:04 PM
Just when I think I'm feeling good
I get hit with a new symptom and back to the sickness.
Part of the issue is there are so many different symptoms, and everyone seems to have a different mix. Anything between "nothing" and dead,  And lasting anywhere from a day, to still having them 12 months later. 
Fatigue seems to be a common and lingering one. People report waking up in the morning and feeling OK, but put in a couple of hours work and they simply run out of energy. That's what OGH is talking about, if you try and push through that you are probably doing more harm to your body, which is still trying to heal from the infection.  

QuoteI've had 3 covid shots too, but I don't expect that to buy me anything but perhaps keep me from dying from it.

Of course that result alone is still a good outcome  ;)  The vaccines do seem to have pushed the average away from the dead, and more towards the "sniffles" though. Still seeing plenty of infections here, but relatively few ending up in hospital. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

gspren

Wife and I are both positive with Covid >:( Kay went to a funeral a week and a half ago and a few days later started symptoms and another 5-6 days and I got it too. I started Paxlovid last evening so see how it goes.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

B.C.C. Lapp

Take care of yourself gspren.  Rest a lot even when you think your improving.  Get to the doc quick if you start getting bad.  
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Bruno of NH

Yes take care of your self 

kantuckid

FWIW, I got the 4th covid jab a few weeks back in one arm and seasonal flu shot in the other. After 4-5 days I had no reaction which was not the case with the 3rd jab. Then wham! I felt like crap for a few days then back to regular. My wife got her 4th and flu too this week and hit her for couple of days more immediately than me for a day or so, went away pretty fast.
 If it keeps us out of a hospital, I'm good with it all. The jab we got was the "bivalent/ Comirnaty" version from Pizer as used for seniors. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

sawguy21

If you react it's working. ;D I recently got my fourth shot, if it covid shows up again I may get it but with any luck it won't be severe and I won't pass it around. It is all about risk vs reward.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

gspren

Since I posted yesterday that we both got the Covid Crud I should add that we both had the original 2 shots and then the first booster a little over a year ago, was planning on the new booster but just didn't get it yet. Neither of us are overly sick and actually Kay is about over it, I've described the severity as like a "medium" strength cold where I feel like I could go out and blow the leaves off the yard if I had to but I preferred to wait another day or two. Thanks for the well wishes! 

trapper

Think my wife and  I got it week and a half ago.  Slowly getting better but get tired very easy.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

gspren

Quote from: trapper on November 02, 2022, 07:29:27 PM
Think my wife and  I got it week and a half ago.  Slowly getting better but get tired very easy.
I also get tired too easy and being in our 70s doesn't help but that's what I was told to expect from my older brother and some others that had it recently. Well wishes for you and your wife! You may need help to drag that buck in! 

kantuckid

Near us, now, in an adjoining county where I retired from their schools, they've closed down the all the schools due to seasonal flu. Don't forget flu is a serious danger to we seniors!  
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Ianab

Quote from: kantuckid on November 04, 2022, 09:25:29 AM
Near us, now, in an adjoining county where I retired from their schools, they've closed down the all the schools due to seasonal flu. Don't forget flu is a serious danger to we seniors!  
We had a bad flu season here in NZ this Winter. A few Covid cases still, but flu and RSV were putting more people in hospital. Flu seems to hit the older folks hard, and RSV mostly affects babies and toddlers, and can be fatal. Weather has warmed up and the seasonal virus stuff has calmed down now, but the local schools had some classes cancelled a couple of times due to too many staff off sick with assorted viruses. 

Thank You Sponsors!