iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Worn out

Started by pasbuild, January 21, 2007, 10:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasbuild

Like most everybody else that has reached middle age my joints are wearing out especially my right shoulder, it makes a bunch of clucking noise when ever I move it and there is constant pain, not real bad but it is there.  Well two weeks ago my daughter gave me a bottle of Glucosamine Sulfate to try and now my shoulder is back to 60% which is real manageable. My daughter (Amber) is a real health food nut and when she gave my the bottle I took it with a big smile on my face, she said don't laugh till ya try it, now I got ta go eat some crow.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Mooseherder

Hey pasbuild,
We have sumpthin in common. (Daughter Amber).  She got wind of the same stuff from the Vet's Office she used to work at. We have been giving it to our German Sheperd after hearing about it a couple years ago..  He turned 15 last September. It seems to help him some. Trouble with animals is they can't tell you where it hurts. His hips are getting progressively worse and has a real hard time getting up. He is still sharp as a tack otherwise. Most recently and it happened again this morning he hasn't been able to get up in time to make outside to the bathroom. It's gonna be a sad day when it comes time......

woodbowl

Ouch, umph, aeeeer, grunt ........  I'm not getting old, I'm just wearing away too much in one spot before my bodys repair station has a chance to fix it.  

What's middle aged pasbuild? Is that halfway to ........ somewhere? I thought being in the middle was supposed to be the sweet spot, the best place to be.

I should have put diesel in my tank when I was a teenager and 20's. Instead I used nitrous oxide mixed with a little alcohol. Got a few main bearings starting to rattle.  :-\
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

pigman

pasbuild, you are an optimist saying that you are reaching middle age at 50. As for the worn out right shoulder, maybe you could start using the left hand for that daily task of eating.  ;D I tried the off hand method of eating one time and almost went blind from the fork prongs. ::)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mr Mom

33yrs old...... bad lower back,bad knees,hands go numb when i use them to much or using a hammer.
     When i use a hammer i have to pull each finger off to get the hammer out.

Getting old before my time.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

pasbuild

WB I call it middle age because I'm in denial with the gettin old thing.
MH do ya mean that Amber gave me pet pills :o
Bob I think I will learn from YOUR experience  ;D
Mr.Mom wait till yer 50 :'( :'(
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

sawguy21

I wish I could remember when I was 33. :D This  "achieving seniority" certainly has it's drawbacks. My back and knees won't take the abuse anymore. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

stonebroke

If you want real results, and you can tolerate it well then try double dosing . I did it for about a year for bursitis in my hip and went from not being able to walk to back to work( I am a cowboy) the stuff I take is glucosamine and chondroitin. I have been taking it for eight years and will until the day I die. After a few years all the minor aches seem to lessen also. It makes getting up a lot better.

Kcwoodbutcher

Glucosamine sulfate is the building block of chondroitin sulfate which is the building block of cartilage. While glucosamine sulfate is cheaper I've found that chondroitin sulfate works much better. We use it with horses all the time with great results. Save some money and buy it in the horse size container instead of the human size pills. J-Flex is a brand that comes to mind.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Bill

DanG - Jflex ( instead of that high dollar store bought )could save me bunches of money - Thanks Kcwoodbutcher

Thank You Sponsors!