iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log rocker

Started by yukon cornelius, September 30, 2014, 11:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

well, i made a rocker. im going to make some changes but i think im going to make a bundle of these this fall. 

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

LaneC

That is beautiful. If you don't mind me asking, what type of tenon maker do you use, or did you do those by hand?
Man makes plans and God smiles

Southside

Very nice.  I expected some big old machine shaking the crap out of a log and could not figure out why one would want one, but that is great work. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

yukon cornelius

I cannot remember the brand of tennon cutter, but I got it at grizzly. it is the cheaper model. "lumberjack" maybe. I have cut thousands of tennons with it with just a few sharpenings by hand. I have however smoked a fairly new dewalt drill doing bigger logs. I shave the ends down by hand to a manageable size to cut now.

I had to think about the log shaker for a minute but then I busted out laughing thinking about a log bouncing around. maybe to shake the bark loose is why you would want one. :D

hackberry jake

Get your "Yokon Log Shaker" while supplies last. Why shake logs you ask? Simple! To rid logs of unwanted bark and bugs! Also rounds sharp corners and relieves tension in stubborn logs! Dont wait! Call now!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

thecfarm

I hope you made a bundle selling them too!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Quote from: hackberry jake on October 01, 2014, 02:19:32 AM
Get your "Yokon Log Shaker" while supplies last.

:D

It is all in the marketing..........
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

21incher

That is beautiful. I think you will corner the log rocker market in your area. You may need a matching log rocker non rocking table and a log rocker rocking foot rest to go with it. Looks like it has a pretty good weight capacity also.:)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

redprospector

Good lookin' rocker Yukon.  8)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

yukon cornelius

you need that log shaker to make that shaker furniture.....
it will be the newest trend, shaken log furniture.

Im thinking a bit taller back and more lean back.

Southside

I will sell you my patent on the log shaker for .... $300
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

yukon cornelius

Quote from: Southside logger on October 02, 2014, 10:21:56 AM
I will sell you my patent on the log shaker for .... $300

well turd! every great idea I have seems to show up within a month or so. I think my head is bugged. or there are bugs in my head or something......

BradMarks

I want one! I'm getting to that age of needing one ;D

Busy Beaver Lumber

Yukon

I really enjoy seeing your work. You are very creative and talented
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

yukon cornelius

Quote from: Busy Beaver Lumber on October 02, 2014, 08:02:05 PM
Yukon

I really enjoy seeing your work. You are very creative and talented

Wow! thank you!!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice chair......how many in a bundle?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yukon cornelius

I will tell you in the spring. it could just be a bundle of 2 but I hope its more like a hundred! I am fairly certain our porch swings wont sell all winter so I hope I get as many orders for these as there were swing orders this summer.

ozarkgem

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

yukon cornelius

I took this rocker to a show and didn't sell it!!?? I was certainly surprised! we sold a swing and stand (no surprise there) and a new bench with a removable table I made and other big and little stuff but brought home the rocker. we have another show in October I will take it to and also list it locally. it probably didn't help we had a badly tore up asphalt to set up on and couldn't find a great place for it to rock. it wouldn't terribly hurt my feelings to keep it  ;D I kinda like it!

sandhills

I like it too!  At your next show I think I'd take 21 incher's advice, set 2 of them up behind a nice little log table, perfect for the front porch IMO.  Nice work, I too really like seeing what you come up with next.

itzallbtu

Great work on the rocker but now that ship has sailed.  The real sleeper invention was mentioned in the thread:  A rocker table.  Think of the possibilities--cup holders on gimbals to ensure stability, the ability to rock the table toward yourself to improve visibility or to pass control to the opponent in a game, or....or....or......

Rock on!

yukon cornelius

Quote from: sandhills on October 05, 2014, 09:13:15 PM
I like it too!  At your next show I think I'd take 21 incher's advice, set 2 of them up behind a nice little log table, perfect for the front porch IMO.  Nice work, I too really like seeing what you come up with next.
i have the tables by it, I think a matching one might just do it. that would be like trying to sell one barstool or one.....other thing that there should be 2 of  :D i think the rocking table is awesome but i cant convince my wife. most of my tables are rockers til she makes me sand them so the sit flat.

thecfarm

Maybe a childs rocker,better have at least 2. Than if they have 3 kids.........,better make that 3 or 4.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!