iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Fires Downunder Bloody Hell

Started by Meadows Miller, February 09, 2009, 09:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDog

Sorry about your mates, their wives and all affected Chris, hang in there.

There is so much I'd like to say about arsonists, looters, greenies and National Parks but its all negative so i will wait untill such time as the positives outweigh the negs.

Take care
Rob

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

timberfaller390

I've been a wildland firefighter since I was 18 years old and arson was the number one cause of wildfire every year of my career. These people should be shot in my opinion. I am deeply sorry for your personal loss and your country's loss.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thanks Guys Im still comming to gripps with things as i still canot contact Rod and the other 2 Blokes  as yet  ???  :) :) but its still early days yet  ;)

CCL im sorry for your loss Mate my condoleces to you and you family its a tough time for anyone to lose someone close mate

Wilddog ill say it all for you Mate  ;) :D :D

I just got of the phone to Duncan amberwood he and the family are ok and said that the last few days and the next have and will be touch n go asfar as Healsville is concerned fires burnt  most of the grassy and forest areas around the town but its been lucky that it wasnt moving too quick to keep a handel on things The cfa and dse have been putting in and expanding control lines around the town the past couple of days

We also talked about the salvage effort that will most likely start within the next 4 to 8 weeks its going to be a huge task for atleast 18 months to two or three years but that will depend alot on how the Goverment setts up the Native salvage the last big fire in 03 they wasted 18 months till we started seeing logs at Goulds and by then A grade Mountain Ash logs where only good for low grade framing and dunnage  :o :o :) :) ::) I just hope they dont Pi$$fart around for that long this time around  ;) ::) ::) After the 39 fires they salvaged for upto 15 years as Loyed Gould started his sawmill that year and they where the second largest sawmiller in Vic when i worked there the prolem between then and now there are tooo many paper pushers and stupid protocols to go through to even start  :( >:( :) :) ::) ::)

Well Dad and I have decided to donate a week or sos Sawing free of charge to get some basic neccesitys to a town or two or timber for some fencing or someone to start rebuilding their home if they had no insurence  ;) ;D ;D

Id like if the timber went into somthing like a town hall or metting place where ppl who are trying to rebuild and have decided to hump it in a caravan with the bare nessetiys (which afew are going to do) can have access to decent shower n toilet facilitys and have contact with other peole in the township and support which will be the main thing   ;D  But that will all depend on the powers that be  and all their BS ;) :) :) ::) ::) ALL it would take is to drop some trees mill the framing and cladding ring around some supplyers and ask them to donate the waste water treatment plant ,roofing iron, fixtures ,wirering , plasterboard ect ect I reckon we could get a hold of everything needed build a coupple of halls within a day
Builders and tradys and supplyers  from all over Australia have allready put their hand up to help with the rebuilding effort  ;D ;D 8) 8)

With a green light a good team could get something like a 100'x 30' odd size building up within about 3 to 5 days and it wont be nothing rough n ready  either  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

Thats one of the best things that makes me Dang Proud about being an Aussie is that you see the best out of us at the worst of times  ;D ;D ;D 8)

Chris

Ps and here was i scratching my head thinkin what could i do to help  :) :) ::) Trees + Sawmill = Timber = a roof over someones head   ;) Simple  ;) ;D ;D ;D

4TH Generation Timbergetter

bandmiller2

Been worried about you Chris,sorry for your losses.Its a shame now but it seems city people control government they have no idea about the country and forests,their cock sure rural folks have been messing things up for hundreds of years.Take care mate and keep your bottom close to a billibon.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Burlkraft

I just was watching the news. The destruction is unbelievable  :o  :o

I am sorry to hear of all the loss of life and property. It's going to take some time for all to recover from this  :-\

They were saying that some of the fires were intentionally set. I hope they find the persons responsible for that and give them a bit of Aussie justice.

I can't imagine someone would do something like that.

My prayers go out to you all  :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

petefrom bearswamp

I can't say much except I 'm saying a prayer for all of the lost and those involved.
Hang in there chris
pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

StorminN

Happiness... is a sharp saw.

sparky

Chris,
Would you give us an update on the fire situation down under? I was looking on the internet and could not find any current information. Regarding the arsonist that was arrested, my friend has offered to process him through his wood chipper. He would prefer that the body be frozen first so clean-up would be easier. We will have winter in Minnesota for another month, so keep that in mind when scheduling this action.

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

Handy Andy

Hard to imagine a fire moving that fast.  And what a terrible way to have to end your life.  Very sorry for all those folks.  I've burned wheat stubble and when it goes you just get out of the way.  Sounds like burning wheat stubble with a 90 mph wind.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Thank You Sponsors!