iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free Logs

Started by Qweaver, July 26, 2019, 01:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I just got home from 5 days of sawing on the Moore farm and we did not make a dent in the 5 huge stacks of hardwood logs on his property. It's a real shame to let this lumber go to waste. It has been down nearly three years but is still in great shape. Larry will give the logs to any one that needs them and I will saw them if you bring them to me. You just have to be able to load and transport them. 80 miles from logs stacks to my saw. Or just take them to your own saw.  Logs located in Middlebourne, WV   We made a heap of really good boards this week
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

MikeInTexas

If it wasn't so darned far, I would take you up on it, would love to have me some logs!

Mike

tacks Y

Qweaver

Mixed, lots of red oak, hickory, some poplar.  what you get when you clear a pipe right of way.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

WV Sawmiller

Quinton,

I don't know if its the same pipeline but I got a call yesterday from a likely customer to go saw logs from our pipeline. He told me it was a mixed bag but talked like there was a lot of short  (6') stuff in it. We will see possibly as early as the end of next week. Evidently this guy has a buddy working to clear the pipeline ROW and this was evidently stuff he could not sell to the local saw mills. Come to think of it, the more I describe it the less attractive it sounds. ::)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

nativewolf

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 27, 2019, 06:39:43 PM
Quinton,

I don't know if its the same pipeline but I got a call yesterday from a likely customer to go saw logs from our pipeline. He told me it was a mixed bag but talked like there was a lot of short  (6') stuff in it. We will see possibly as early as the end of next week. Evidently this guy has a buddy working to clear the pipeline ROW and this was evidently stuff he could not sell to the local saw mills. Come to think of it, the more I describe it the less attractive it sounds. ::)
Well if it is by the hour that should be ok.  Wouldnt want to do it by bdft
Liking Walnut

WV Sawmiller

I told him as a rule of thumb I bill by the hour for small and short logs (Less than 8' long or less than 12" diameter). I don't mind a couple in a decent order but if that is the norm its hourly. Same with quartersawing or other specialty sawing. Tomorrow's job is supposed to be quartersawing red oak logs. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!