iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody using Vectric Vcarve Pro?

Started by Crusarius, January 16, 2023, 11:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

Is anybody using Vectric Vcarve Pro?

I have a trial version that does not allow me to export files. I just have one file I would like to turn into a .NC file so I can see if it will work the way I think it should on my homemade CNC.

Any help would be appreciated. If it works, I will be buying the software since so far I am very happy with it.

JoshNZ

beenthere

Don't use it, but this video was useful in understanding what different things it might do. Pretty powerful tool, looks like. 

What's New in VCarve Pro Version 11.5 | Vectric CNC Software - YouTube
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Crusarius

So far I have done quite a bit with it. The trial says unlimited but what they do is make it so you cannot export anything to be processed on the CNC. I just need to test one file and see if I am happy with the results.

ronwood

Crusarius,

I have used Vcarve Pro now for nearly 10 years.      It works quite well.    One issue that may cause you a problem is the post processor that you need. That can be edit to work with about any cnc.

If you need me to generate gcode please pm me and I will send you my email. I will also need to know what model of cnc that you have.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Crusarius

Thanks everyone. I will follow through with this when I have a file ready to go.

Thank You Sponsors!