iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood shed

Started by albirk, January 07, 2011, 06:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albirk

Just would like to no how peoples wood stakes are lasting compared to year past I have burnt about 1 less cord then last but still have Jan and Feb to go (march and april) wood is usly cleaning up all the scrap wood left from years past (not quality but quannity)

ohsoloco

It doesn't seem like I've used a whole lot of wood so far this year, but I always think that.  Feb.-April seems to put the biggest dent in the wood pile.  I've probably burned a little over two cords this year, but I don't like to let the house get too cool because of the little one  ;)

Norm

And you owe us some updated pictures ohsoloco.  :)

WDH

I have burned a good bit more than normal as we have had a cold winter so far for the South.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Up here, it doesn't make a whole lot of a difference unless we get well below 0 F for a long stretch. As long as it's freezing out you still have to burn wood, there is no turning a dial.  :D I burnt a couple cords from Sept to end of Dec. The last two weeks really ate up some wood and it wasn't very cold. ::)

They are still trying to put over 400 families lives back together after their houses were swept away in floods that are not normal for this time of year. Some of the huge sand dunes out on the coast down toward Moncton disappeared with the storm surge, that's separate from the home loss. Most of the homes where river flooded.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Brucer

1-1/4 cords to the end of December. That's exactly on the average. I was getting worried because we had two real cold snaps in the fall, instead of the usual one. To compensate for that we've had two unusual warm spells -- above freezing, for heaven's sake :o.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Al_Smith

Because of an on going house addition I didn't even fire the stove up until a couple days before Christmas .It's usually late November .

With a geothermal and a well insulated brick house unless the temp drops below about 25 it's tough to regulate the heat .So above about 25 the geo  takes care of it because old people really look stupid sitting around in their skivies because the house is too hot . :o

Usually though from Nov to about mid March 4-5 cords does it .I've got about a dozen stacked under plastic tarps .Those you don't pay taxes on ,wood sheds you do .

SwampDonkey

I sometimes have to burn wood until June. It can be raw and a slow starting spring at times. But last year was the warmest year on record and our summer started a month early.  8) May through to August was hot 80-95 degrees majority of the time, and not many cold fronts moved over. Many days we had to knock off around noon, you couldn't hardly stand up no more. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

clww

So far this winter, we've been burning much more than last year. December was much colder than 2009's. January has been about the same, so far. I sell all of the "good looking" wood to my firewood customers, then we end up burning the "too wood": too big, too knotty, too short, too long, too many worm holes, too many ants nesting in there, etc. :D :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Buck

"Too Wood" That's good stuff! I keep two households warm with that kind of wood. And sell the rest. 8)
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

SwampDonkey

As dad would say about burning crooked knarly wood, it'll all come out straight ashes.  8)

Thank You Sponsors!