iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The next quarter sawing project.

Started by customsawyer, April 04, 2017, 04:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

Great  job fish. I did not realize the time it takes to put all this together. I wish you had left out the dog fight.
al glenn

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

4x4American

Quote from: customsawyer on June 04, 2017, 07:55:30 AM
I was getting pictures of my new grandson.

Hey I've done it myself, I have even been on forestry forum and facebook when sawing, much worse excuses but I'm guilty
Boy, back in my day..

Texas Ranger

Almost like being there, with out the fellowship, food, stump water, and, oh yeah, the fellowship.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: 4x4American on June 04, 2017, 07:42:47 AM
........ so did Jake as he was texting and driving, believe that's a $200 ticket up here in New Yaak lol

Its $300 now.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

4x4American

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 04, 2017, 11:28:46 AM
Quote from: 4x4American on June 04, 2017, 07:42:47 AM
........ so did Jake as he was texting and driving, believe that's a $200 ticket up here in New Yaak :D

Its $300 now.

I see that you must have brought it to the lawmakers attention that there's more $ to be made!  lol lol
Boy, back in my day..

Bruno of NH

Jake
You have a nice place and set up
How do you like the New Holand skid steer ?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

customsawyer

When it comes to the skid steer there are things I like and things I don't. I like the maneuverability of it but it is hard on the ground.  This particular machine the fuel gauge and some other information come from a digital read out. Well it went out just past the warranty and they wanted $800.00 for a new one. The one thing that I don't like about this machine is that the curl back function on the forks is the weakest of the machines hyd. functions. Well as we all know the further you can tilt the load back the safer it is to carry.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

grouch

Is part 2 when the drone starts strafing and firing rockets? Will it get head-butted out of the sky by a certain someone? Who stoked the firebox for that steamer sawmill? This is worse than those old Saturday morning serial cliff-hangers. Sky King rides again!

Thank you muchly for taking the time to record, edit and post that!
Find something to do that interests you.

fishpharmer

Thank you for watching part one. :)

Here is the Part Two of the 2017 Sycamore Project...  it is essentially a slide show of people and the quartersawing process.  More or less, its in chronological order, with a possible repeat or two :-[ .  No funny sound effects, so if you don't like my free music choice, just turn your volume down. ;D. Thanks Again...
https://youtu.be/y9RMtXuyNg0
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

grouch

Thanks! (Haven't seen it yet -- will take from 15 min.s to ages to download before I can watch it. Looking forward to the strafing and hair cutting and combat with sawmills and battles with goats).
Find something to do that interests you.

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

music choice is spot on, another good job of compiling all the photos,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Deese

Another great video, fishpharmer  :)
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Ox

Where were the two fellers that worked on that one mill for 2 plus days? 

Nice pics and I love the slow banjer pickin music.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Rachiano

Nice slideshow of the quartersawing process.
Maybe it's good to know what blade was used to cut that nice looking lumber...because a mill is only as good as it's blades.
Rachiano

WM LT70
WM EG50
Werklust WG25 Wheel loader
DAF 2100 HIAB truck

Cutting Edge

Quote from: Rachiano on June 07, 2017, 10:20:32 PM

Maybe it's good to know what blade was used to cut that nice looking lumber...because a mill is only as good as it's blades.

Kasco 7/40 SuperMaxx - 1-1/2", .055" 
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

Ga Mtn Man

Where might a person get such a blade?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Savannahdan

Another nice video.  I took my SLR only to find out I had left the battery in Savannah.  It got covered by some papers while packing to leave.  Also found out that a cracked cell phone lens doesn't mean it won't take good picture and that you need to keep it charged.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

gmmills

GMM,  The blade is designated the Maxx 7.  As Ox stated, contacted Cutting Edge he has the info you will need. He was a vital player in the development of this new blade profile. Also for those of you that were not aware, yes he is a Kasco factory direct sales representatives. 
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Thank You Sponsors!