iDRY Vacuum Kilns

hit counter

Started by thedeeredude, December 01, 2008, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

I figured here would be a good place to ask computer geeks :) :-X knowledgeable people, where can I get a free hit counter for my website?  Just a simple one that tells me how many people came to my site, that's all I need.  Thanks.

Jeff

http://www.google-analytics.com

Its more then simple, but its free. The problem with the other free ones is the baggage that comes attached in the form of 3rd party cookies they place on your computer.  As far as I know, google does not resort to that.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

Google analytic uses a script. I currently have it blocked in Firefox. Don't know if it's good or bad, but I'm not allowing it on my machine.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

thedeeredude

Thanks Jeff, just installed it.  Radar, I have no idea what that means, but I have a good security system on my computer and it didn't give me any warnings or anything after I installed it.  I'm a computer dooooofus. :D

Jeff

They have to use a script to gather the information. Its a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

There are lots of sites I don't allow scripts on. I have a select few that are considered trusted. One of my criteria is, if it is a third party cookie or script, it is not allowed.  :)

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J